Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
C36963 is Ingersoll part number. The 1000365-3 links to the internal check valve. Turned up nothing for the H91w 4191.

These numbers don't match the MO87YCP180901-28BR E937 4179 number from an old thread. So, I don't think it is a Webster motor?

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So, I'm back at it, had a couple busy weekends with no time to play with the 4118.

Today I tested the relief valve to see if it was dumping off oil. I disconnected the bypass line from the relief valve to the pump and plugged the pump side. (Be ready when you do this or you will drain the oil reservoir in a hurry or drain it first) I then attached a piece of 1/2" hose to the bypass line from the relief valve and put it in an empty oil jug.

I mowed for three hours with my Hydra vac on and not a drop of oil through the relief valve.

So I have ruled out the relief valve dumping oil. Now it's back to the hydraulic motor.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,201 Posts
Timj, I reread the thread, but I didn't see you state your troubling symptoms. Maybe I missed it.

If your tractor slowing to a crawl when mowing and the mower deck comes to near stop?

How about performance during this 3 hour test with vac and presumably mower. The AH tractor symptoms I'm familiar with could never make 3 hours in anything but the polar vortex.

Brian

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi Brian, my symptoms seem to be typical of most. The deck stalls in heavy, thick grass and when climbing grade. Loss of power to wheels becomes more of an issue as the oil heats up.

Preformed better yesterday, temp was 62-65. Mowed for an hour with mower, then put hydrobagger on. Ran for almost three hours. Bags filled pretty fast, so lots of stop and go, but very short run to dump bags. Trailer will be on for next round.

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Brian, I took hose #23 off of line#35 and plugged #23, then ran hose off #35 to jug. #34 would be high pressure.

Deck wasn't great, better than hot weather, but believe this confirms motor is tired. Not as bad as some but getting there.

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Going to be taking a little break from the 4118. Want to get leaf cleanup done before I take the hydraulic motor out of the deck.

The search begins to see what I can find in a .84ci motor with a 3/4"x2" shaft.

Not giving up, Timj

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I guess it's been a while, so I'll give a little update. I don't want to leave this thread open ended.

I found an AHSB48 snow caster this spring. I swapped out the hydraulic motor with the one on my AHRM48 deck before I put the deck on for the season.

This made a huge difference, my tractor/mower performs like it used to. I can mow up the steep hill in my lawn again. The blades slow down some, but keep cutting. I believe this is mainly due to the increased back pressure on the system created by the wheel drive motor under increased load. I cut for 2 hours at 90° in thick grass (lawn really got away from me) without issue.

Hopefully I can get a few years out of the "new" motor. I've done some searching, and have not found any motors in the .84 displacement with a 3/4" x 2" shaft.
I'm going to try my old motor on the snow caster this winter and see how it works before I get a new one as it is not totally wore out. The snow caster should be easier to get a replacement motor for as there is some flexibility in the shaft length and the motor attaches to a Lovejoy coupler, so a 5/8" shaft motor would work with a new coupler.
Timj

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is supposed to be a direct replacement for C46234 the Ultra brand motor which was used in the newer Ingersoll AH equipment. It will also replace C36963 (Webster) and C36961 (Barnes). I’m ordering one for my AH 48” belly mower and will update later how it goes. If anyone has any experience with this motor please chime in.

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
View attachment 123279 This is supposed to be a direct replacement for C46234 the Ultra brand motor which was used in the newer Ingersoll AH equipment. It will also replace C36963 (Webster) and C36961 (Barnes). I’m ordering one for my AH 48” belly mower and will update later how it goes. If anyone has any experience with this motor please chime in.
Did they provide you the spec's for this motor?

·
Registered
11 Posts
the shaft size and length has been one of my hang ups with these motors. In this size they usually have 5/8" shafts and are short.
I appreciate the input, I’ll definitely verify tomorrow before ordering. As long as the operating specs and physical size match I’m pretty confident my local machine shop friend and I can do something to make the shaft and pulley work.

·
'68 - Case 155, '73 - 646a
1,904 Posts
I have had good luck increasing, or reducing shaft sizes with these type of shaft adapters:

I've had one on my 2 cylinder air compressor for years with out issue. The bore in the pulley got wallowed out, so I bored it out to the next standard size and used one of those adapters with a the extra long - wide key to put it back together. Its been working well ever since.

the shaft size and length has been one of my hang ups with these motors. In this size they usually have 5/8" shafts and are short.

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have had good luck increasing, or reducing shaft sizes with these type of shaft adapters:
[/URL]

I've had one on my 2 cylinder air compressor for years with out issue. The bore in the pulley got wallowed out, so I bored it out to the next standard size and used one of those adapters with a the extra long - wide key to put it back together. Its been working well ever since.
Thanks, sdunt, I haven't had any experience with them. That opens up some options.
Timj

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
they make sleeves togo from 5/8 to 3/4. Just make sure you get the appropriate size key and you will be fine. Or you could just get a different size pulley. You can contact almost any supplier of electric motors and they can get pulleys.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts