Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ok, who's going to try this motor from Zwei Inc? I didn't even bother putting my AH deck on this year. Not even sure why I took the chains and weights off from last winter. It's a shame because my 4118 is very nice to cut grass with. I'm basically driving a lazy boy around my yard while I see neighbors bouncing around, belts squealing, strong arm steering their little machines for the reward of an uneven cut. My bubble of course is quickly burst when the oil heats up and I can barely coax the tractor through the final strips.

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Ok, who's going to try this motor from Zwei Inc? I didn't even bother putting my AH deck on this year. Not even sure why I took the chains and weights off from last winter. It's a shame because my 4118 is very nice to cut grass with. I'm basically driving a lazy boy around my yard while I see neighbors bouncing around, belts squealing, strong arm steering their little machines for the reward of an uneven cut. My bubble of course is quickly burst when the oil heats up and I can barely coax the tractor through the final strips.
We have to get the full specs of this motor. I haven't had time to call them. I haven't been able to link that number to the Parker number that would tell the full specs.
Rf, I have almost 50 hours of mowing on mine this summer with the "new" motor from the snow caster I got this spring. I should be sick of mowing, but I'm not, and the yard has never looked better.

·
Registered
1993 Ingersoll 4118
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So when I got my 4118 it might have been a good idea to have paid $900 more and owned the snowblower, also? LOL!

Bill
I'm not a huge fan of cannibalization of things, but I also see that with the age and limited supply of parts, some must die so others can live.
This can be a pricey gamble with older unknown pieces. I bought the snow caster to use, not to rob the hydraulic motor from. But it was a quick change out and gave me a way to see how it preformed and compare to my old deck motor. (I'm not going to switch it back and forth every spring and fall)

The AHSB is a good place to get a hydraulic motor for the AHRM.(they are the same) Also, it should be much easier to find a replacement motor for the blower. It doesn't need to have the long 2" shaft, and you could get a different Lovejoy coupler or one of the above mentioned adapter sleeves, if you used a motor with a 5/8" diameter shaft.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts