Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the off-chance that some of you were not on the forum in the past few days or that you neglected to read all of the new posts, this thread is to Officially inform you that this site has a brand new front page. The old page has been permanently retired.

New Links have been added to this page and are now part of the LInk Bars running across the top and bottom. Please take some time and fully explore the new front page along with all of the Links. The HISTORY page is something that most of you will find entertaining, interesting and informative. While writing the various histories, a lot of research went into them along with several re-writes before we were satisfied with what is there. I'd like to personally thank Jim Daenzer (oldcoltcaseguy) and Steve Guider (Horton20) for their efforts in reviewing what I wrote and providing input based upon their own personal knowledge of the Garden Tractor Division of Case.

In addition, special thanks also go out to Brian Hildreth (bhildret), one of our resident Ingersoll Dealers, for his efforts in providing information to us and in also sending me two Ingersoll brochures that I did not have in my personal collection. Those brochures allowed us to add two more photo revolvers that were needed to bring the photo section right up to the present day.

What you are witnessing when viewing this new front page is the culmination of over 6 months of collaboration and work by the various members of the CCI Team. Make no mistake, every member of the CCI Team was involved almost from Day 1. As the project began to take shape and reached certain stages, the Team was asked to review the work and comment on it. Those comments were always taken into consideration and several of them were utilized. The person behind all of the design and construction of the new front page and all of the features is our resident Web Designer, Ken Dortch (KBear) who spent countless hours of his time to take an idea of mine and turn it into reality. Ken and I shared the same vision and that fact made it really easy for the two of us to work together on this project. From the very beginning, we both agreed that the two of us had to be completely happy with the finished project before it got released to the membership. We are hoping that you will agree that the end result was worth the effort and the wait.

In spite of that goal, Ken has now taken the original concept and expanded on it by adding a few links that we had not discussed previously. That's the sort of initiative that I love. The "What Year", "What Fits" and the "Extras" links will all get tweaked somewhat over the winter season when I have more time to work on them along with some other ideas that have been sitting on the back-burner due to not enough hours in the day. Since taking this forum LIVE at the very beginning of the year, Chuck (Snotrocket), Jack (Mastifflawyer) and myself (Hydriv) have continued to make minor changes and improvements to the site so that it is easier to navigate and that it contains the sort of features we feel the membership wants to have available to them. You have my personal assurance that we will continue to increase the amount of information here so that our membership can keep their tractors working for them during all four seasons and to also provide the most accurate information for those who are doing restoration work.

I'd like to mention Chuck's role in all of this while I'm at it because he's the guy that keeps this site running smoothly from a technological aspect. After 10 months of operation, it is a very rare occurrence for a member to have any problems logging on or moving around the forum. And when that does happen, it is usually something that is beyond Chuck's control. The rest of the Team works away quietly at greeting new members, celebrating birthdays, finding interesting listings on C/L, e-Bay and other sites as well as making sure that threads are posted in the most appropriate forum. However, all of the above is pointless without all of the members who frequent this site regularly and participate in the discussions. We are also very happy to have all of the Lurkers that come here just to read and learn. It is our sincere hope that many of you will finally leave your Lurker status behind and join in whenever and wherever you feel comfortable. It's not that hard to do and like any journey, it starts with the first step.

As for me, all I can say is that it is an honour and a privilege to serve the Colt, Case and Ingersoll community to the best of my ability and I look forward to doing so for many years to come.

Thanks to one and all,

Hilda. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: We have a new Front Page with new featur

I just keep going back to the history. There is so much neat information there. It is all great, but I especially like the attachments. There are so many attachments there that I never knew existed for our tractors. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
703 Posts

Many thanks to the triumvirate and other august members of the board! This site has always been a class act; The addition of the new front page(s) makes it a veritable tour de force. I would wager many commercial ventures would envy the quality and content management of this site.
I am proud to be a member.
Thank You. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Troll

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

Been offline for a few days but just got a look at the new front page. Terrific work! Looks like the expertise on this site extends beyond tractors. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
190 Posts

Been out of the loop for awhile myself but that front page is sweet, and the history section is first rate and well done.
A real treat to read.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts

Thank You to ALL who have posted their compliments regarding the work the CCI Admin staff and I have produced for the CCI Forum site. I really enjoyed designing all the pages. The CCI Home/Front page is the face of the CCI Lawn and Garden Tractor Forum so I wanted it to look cool :ugeek:. The History page took the most amount of time to complete, taking a lot of information gathering from a lot of individuals involved. I just put all the information together in a single package not writing much of the content. If I were to write all the content we'd still be workin' on it for a long time to come :lol:. We're currently working on additional pages to add so keep checking back.

Again, it's nice to hear the efforts we put into building these pages hasn't gone unnoticed! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thank You.

Kenneth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.