Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time a Colt 2712...........Guys I am really not sure what I am going to do with this one... restore and keep, get running and sell, or maybe just sell as is.. Tom, I am not going to part it out, so you can breathe a sigh of relief... :sidelaugh: Yes, I know the side panels are on wrong in the pics, I fixed that already.... it was bothering me

Questions, how rare are these??, is this the right Tech motor, I though they all had starter/ gens back in 66?? It is stamped HH120

Now for the pics

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parts, not sure how many are missing.... the coil is shot according to the PO... Actually if I restore it my daughter wants to help restore the "horsey" tractor (typical 6 yr old girl) :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Dave,
The 2712 is the Mack Daddy Colt for 1966.. The hood is painted Flambeau Red, as is the deck. I will send you some pics of the one that Gregg recently picked up for me last December. You should have a HH-120 Tec engine for this tractor which is 12HP. It's the only year that the Colts used Tec motors. In 65, they did have start/gens because they used Kohlers. The Tecs have starter motors and alternators.

The Parts Manual section is going to be your best friend when it comes to figuring out what's missing. Since your darling daughter happens to have taken a shine to this tractor, you might want to make it her very own show tractor. Involve her in the restoration process in any way you can that is safe and within her capabilities. She'll never forget that experience with her Dad.

In my opinion, the 2712 is highly desirable and getting tougher and tougher to find. I was fortunate to find one that was complete and running and I also lucked into a 2510 in the same condition and those too are not easy to come by. Many of the Case parts from 1966 cross over to the Colt. You have the original engine presumably and that's one of the most important pieces. Jim Daenzer may have a couple of repro parts to help you out. Tony Giletto can sell you the decal kit. Steve may have the odd used part once you know what's missing. This one looks to me like an excellent candidate for restoration and if you do it.....my bet is that you will fall in love with it and keep it in your stable.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the compliments and advice.... ok, ok, ok I will put it in line for a full blown resto, right after my 442 BK........ My daughter wants to sell her 108 now and keep the "Horsey" tractor.... I think her mommy has been talking to her... :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Dave,
I should have double checked before responding to your questions.

Upon examining the parts manual and engine manual in the Colt section, I realize that Start/Gens were used in 1966. So I then went and pulled up a photo of my own 2712 which has been residing under a tarp for the winter since i brought it home months ago.

Looks like a start/gen to me. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

That's too bad really. Now.... you will have to try and find the correct HH-120 for it. Talk to Steve. Maybe he's come across another one in his travels.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Yes, it's true. This is one of my tractors. The photo was taken by the lady who sold it to me, at her home in New York. This one does run but it does need a decent battery and the carb cleaned. It has the Colt hydraulic tiller, PTO/TCV and lift system which is neither a 3 point nor a sleeve hitch. Totally original. Perhaps a 2 owner machine with me being the third owner. In excellent overall condition and almost 100 percent complete. It came with a utility blade and the heaviest set of tire chains I have ever seen for a GT. I'm sure that the ride would be brutal with these chains on.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hydriv said:
Dave,
I should have double checked before responding to your questions.

Upon examining the parts manual and engine manual in the Colt section, I realize that Start/Gens were used in 1966. So I then went and pulled up a photo of my own 2712 which has been residing under a tarp for the winter since i brought it home months ago.

Looks like a start/gen to me. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

That's too bad really. Now.... you will have to try and find the correct HH-120 for it. Talk to Steve. Maybe he's come across another one in his travels.
Yep, I looked at the dealer brochures on the site and at pics of Steve's 2712 and they both show starter/ gens... I was going to question ya, but you beat me to it... :sidelaugh:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Dave: Congratulations on the acquisition! Wow, Tom was so excited he actually showed off one of his tractors! Nice Colt Tom! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: After seeing some of Steve's tractors I have to say IMHO a properly restored Colt is a wonder of the man made world! Looking forward to following the restoration! :thumbup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
Dave: Congratulations on the acquisition! Wow, Tom was so excited he actually showed off one of his tractors! Nice Colt Tom! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: After seeing some of Steve's tractors I have to say IMHO a properly restored Colt is a wonder of the man made world! Looking forward to following the restoration! :thumbup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
Thanks Rich... you will be waiting for a while as it is 3rd in line at the Beiter Antique (aka Junk as the wife calls them) Restoration Service :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: It will get there soon enough though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.