Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have a tricked out 3018 (or any 3000 series) with lots of options/attachments? I'm looking to get mine set up with PTO, HH34, flow control valve, and an extra set of rims to mount ags and fill with fluid for any heavy work that may come my way. This will probably take a good while unless I somehow win the lottery without playing it :think:. Anyways, I need some pics to give me a vision of what the finished result could be like!:mrgreen:

Here's my current machine from this past brutal winter. This was before I blew out the high pressure hydraulic line on a COLD morning after a snow storm:crying:. My brother Mjoe7 came to the rescue (that's what big brothers are for right?:thumbup:) and replaced all the aging lines for me. I was NOT excited about working on this thing without a heated garage/shop...:winterrules:.

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Tread
I already have a PTO that I'm working on getting mounted. I just need the required lines to get it hooked up. Next up looking for an HH34!

·
Registered
563 Posts
As requested, here's mine. This tractor has a selector valve added and power steering, but no flow control valve. I also blew a line on mine this winter! In addition to what is pictured, I also have a chipper, log splitter, hydra-bagger, cart, Brinly plow and two row disk, two front blades, and some other pull-behind or hitch mounted attachments.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet looking set up! I really like the front weight bracket and the 5 rib tires you have on the front. Did you just recently put those on?

What is the purpose of the "selector valve"?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
As requested, here's mine. This tractor has a selector valve added and power steering, but no flow control valve. I also blew a line on mine this winter! In addition to what is pictured, I also have a chipper, log splitter, hydra-bagger, cart, Brinly plow and two row disk, two front blades, and some other pull-behind or hitch mounted attachments.

I'd like to ask... is that a "Johnny Bucket" on the front? If so, do you like it? useful enough?

And they say "Nothing runs like a Deere..." HA!

Nice setup!

Ray W

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Sweet looking set up! I really like the front weight bracket and the 5 rib tires you have on the front. Did you just recently put those on?

What is the purpose of the "selector valve"?
Kev; the selector valve allows you to select the use of the lift for just the 3 point or just the deck lift or in some cases both at the same time. Dad has one sitting on the bench in the shop. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Ing3018 has JD front suitcase weights painted orange with the Deere logo covered up and a custom made bracket holding them and V-61 tires on the front. Very nicely done! Looks great!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ing3018 has JD front suitcase weights painted orange with the Deere logo covered up and a custom made bracket holding them and V-61 tires on the front. Very nicely done! Looks great!
I'd like to ask... is that a "Johnny Bucket" on the front? If so, do you like it? useful enough?

Sounds like a lot of Deere stuff going on here! But I appreciate the lengths Ing3018 has gone to in order to disguise it!

ING3018, I really appreciate the pics. It doesn't seem like too many members have done a lot with their 3000 series tractors, so it's good to see an example of someone maximizing the tractor's capabilities!

·
Registered
563 Posts

Nice setup!

Ray W
Yes, that is a Johnny Bucket. It is a useful attachment but by no means is it a loader. Works great for loading materials, transporting them and dumping/spreading/grading. Mine uses the center hydraulic lift to pick the bucket up. The current model uses a linear actuator instead. The dumping is done with a linear actuator. Glad I got mine; it's been a real back-saver. You need bar tires and rear weight to make effective use of this attachment. Also, power steering is a big plus!
The current prices on them are way up there. Look for a used one off of any brand of tractor; the mounts can be changed for C/I tractors.

Paul

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
THANK YOU Paul... that's exactly what I needed to see/hear. I don't need a loader, but more of a "transporter" or mover. I used to use a GT trailer while moving firewood, rocks, etc. (at our rural property) but the dang thieves stole it, so was looking for an option of something useful.
(they stole the trailer along w/my first swisher, tools, burned about $3k of building materials and oh, a K2500 Chevy 4by4 too!).

Ray W

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I think these are examples of what not to do, but that's just me. My advice - go on craigslist. There's a green or orange or perhaps even a power red/tan machine out there that was built to do the L/BH jobs. Buy one of those.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
THANK YOU Paul... that's exactly what I needed to see/hear. I don't need a loader, but more of a "transporter" or mover. I used to use a GT trailer while moving firewood, rocks, etc. (at our rural property) but the dang thieves stole it, so was looking for an option of something useful.
(they stole the trailer along w/my first swisher, tools, burned about $3k of building materials and oh, a K2500 Chevy 4by4 too!).

Ray W
If you're in the market for a transporter, this is what I use on my "tricked out" 4020PS. The 4020 is obviously not a 3018 but it has all of the options Kev was talking about - HH34 3 pt, PTO, Flow control, power steering, built in holding valve. I have most of the attachments you can get for it except for the chipper and some of the more obscure ones.

Wheel Tire Tractor Plant Vehicle

Tire Plant Sky Wheel Motorcycle

It's a 3 pt "Scoop Tote" made by JRCO. JRCO no longer makes them but I've seen them on the used market for $100-$200 depending on location/seller/condition. They are great for dirt and crushed stone. I may make up some kind of extension for it to enlarge the carrying capacity. The Johnny Bucket Jr. would also be a very cool attachment. I've only seen 1 or 2 for sale in the last 4 years.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Nice setup!

Ray W
Back in the late 70's or early 80's, our local Case dealer had T shirts that said "Nothing Runs Like a Deere... When It's Chased By a Case" with a Case tractor running after a Deere Logo.

Lanny

1 - 19 of 19 Posts