Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I rounded up a 3 point HH-34 hitch this weekend that was mounted on a Ingersoll built Massey (Thanks Gregg). I also purchased a fender mounted LT-17 rear hydraulic PTO a couple of weeks ago. Both of these will be installed on my 1974 646 loader.

My question is about the proper color to paint them. The hitch is some type of MF red, and the PTO is a very faded power red. Both need to be repainted to match the 646's power red/industrial yellow paint scheme. Does anyone have a 1974 sales brochure that shows what colors these parts were from the factory?

I have a 1976 brochure (All Power Yellow 600 series) that shows the PTO painted power yellow to match the fender and the 3 point is power red. Just wondering what my application should be?

Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't have a '74 brochure, but I have what I think are is '72 brochure ( C816-72-3) and a '75 (C11-75-6)

Here are the 646 pages.

Hope they help.

Sorry about the photo orientation. I am trying to fix it now.

Fixed

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It depends on the year.

JSB asked about 1974 and I'm very confident about my reply. However, if he was asking about 1975/76... then I would likely agree that the PTO would match the fender paint.

·
Registered
261 Posts
A little off topic here but I would love to see the rest of that brochure and any others. I've got one from Ingersoll but Tom said he already had a copy when I sent him some manuals. I've got it scanned and could email it.
There doesn't seem to be any in the tech section. Maybe I'm missing them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.