Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
You cannot judge value based on a single auction. You have to watch many auctions, record the hammer prices and then average it out while taking notes.

Six years ago, sleeve hitches sold for $80.00 tops. Go figure.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I have witnessed silly auctions like that in the past. A week later, you see the same item back on ebay because in the cold light of the next day, the buyer found out he was an ass and walked away from the deal.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hydriv said:
You cannot judge value based on a single auction. You have to watch many auctions, record the hammer prices and then average it out while taking notes.

Six years ago, sleeve hitches sold for $80.00 tops. Go figure.
So serious :lolno: ....I was making a joke about the new coat of paint :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: What do you guys think a fair asking price is for an H24 in decent shape? :446:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Hey MrOneTwo: Sorry about the seriousness. :usa: :usa: :usa: I paid $175 for a 200 series sleeve hitch a couple of years ago which I painted up nice. Shipping for these is not a big cost (at least should not be).
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Not everyone buying stuff on ebay is trying to score a deal, many are just trying to fill a need. The buyer could very well have called a dealer and learned the price of a new one was $400? and decided that paying $250 for a used one is a good deal. Sure, he could have spent a few months searching ebay/craigslist and maybe picked one up for $175 but most people would gladly pay an extra $75 to get what they want and move on. I'm sure there are plenty on this forum would think nothing of going to Starbucks and paying $5 for a cup of coffee instead of making their own for $.10 at home.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Bart said:
Sure, he could have spent a few months searching ebay/craigslist and maybe picked one up for $175 but most people would gladly pay an extra $75 to get what they want and move on.
Or.............he could have joined this forum and learned from Bart on how to make your own sleeve hitch for less than $50.00.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You guys better check that auction, it ended at $296.43 plus $30 shipping. :facepalm: I think I'm going to put the one I bought last weekend on eBay and see what I can get for it, heck for $250 I might throw in free shipping. I only paid $50 for it.

Really, if you are going to spend THAT much, why not go for a 3 point hitch??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.