Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We..........meaning the Team here at CCI...............have been kicking around the idea of creating a brand new......never before done...... ultra-special feature that will be exclusive to the membership. The struggle we are having is over the issue of whether or not you guys are really worth all the effort it will take to create it. If you recall, Kate (LAGT) worked with us to put together a simple essay contest and offered a prize. WOW...that went over like the proverbial lead balloon with only two entries. OK...... we realize that many of you "hunt and peck" on the keyboard with one or two fingers and therefore typing two pages might take up an entire weekend. We also realize that many of you don't have an ounce of creative imagination either. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

But one thing that most of you do like is PICTURES. I think that goes back to your early childhood when you were trying to read "Dick and Jane" and brought home those drawings you made at school using Poster Paint and expected high praise from your mommy. :lol: :lol: Since most of you were crappy artists and some had a tough time reading Dick and Jane, we thought about a project that wouldn't get Poster paint all over your clothes as well as not causing you any headaches trying to read the words.

The proposed project would consist of some photos that were taken for the original sales brochures put out by Case and perhaps Ingersoll. For those of you who are not challenged when reading more than three sentences on a page with double-spacing, I was considering putting together a complete history of the Colt, Case and Ingersoll line.

IF........this idea draws about the same amount of apathy as the essay contest, then we will shelve the idea permanently. But on the other hand.........you guys that really want to see what the Colt, Case and Ingersoll tractors looked like in the years they were first produced, then now is the time to speak up. Now is the time to STOP lurking and place your very first post in this thread. This site is only as good as you guys want it to be. If you want us (the Team) to be enthusiastic, motivated and innovative, then we need some good old-fashioned encouragement. I'm going to let this thread run for a few days to see what the reaction is. I told the rest of the Team that we would be wasting our time with such a project. They think that I'm wrong but as you know.... I am never wrong. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Please.......... don't make me look bad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Tom
Sign me up! If I had access to the material, I would certainly post it......right after I learn how to post pix.
I for one am interested in the visual provenance of my Case, even if it is not a collector's item.
Thanks in advance for being wrong.
Troll :thumbsup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Count me in Hydriv, {oldfrank} I have some brochure's from a CASE I got in Sept. I think they are the original ,implement and owner hand book. Dick & Jane wer'nt that hard to reed. Invoke new challenge's to the group, might keep the site fresh Hydriv, remember you're never wrong. I to plunk and two finger this keyboard to death and use the dictionary/spell check when needed. oldfrank.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I think it is a terrific idea.
Think how useful photos of original tractors will be for a future generation of restoration enthusiasts.
Thank you for the idea. Please count me in, although I don't know whether I'd be a help or hindrance being the Newby that I am presently.
:canada:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I think it would be great! If some newbie such as myself were to try to do a "100 point" restoration, it would be a great help. When one starts out with junkers like mine, one wouldn't know what is correct and what is not, what bolts should be painted, what shouldn't, etc. It would also be great to see an example of before and after on some restorations to go along with the brochure's pics. Or maybe that could be another book! :sidelaugh: Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I'm really not sure what's expected of the membership for this project.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Billygoat said:
I'm really not sure what's expected of the membership for this project.
The ONLY thing that I expect from the membership is for them to stand up and say that they want this project to happen. I want to hear from all those guys who join up and just lurk. How hard is it for you to finally post one line that says "Hilda....I think that's a good idea."

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Let me elaborate a bit on what Tom is trying to say.

Recently a huge project has been completed that will transform the front page of this website into something really professional and useful with lots of information and pictures. It has things in it which a lot of you have never seen from the past and some very well written articles and information.

Ken (Kbear) has a huge amount of time invested in it and there is still more being added to it. He's been working on it off and on for more than 6 months.

What we want to see is some interest. We want people to come out of the woodwork and join in on the fun and conversation.

Personally I want to see this thread 10 pages long with people begging for it it's that good.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Gentlemen, I'd love to see the changes and info being discussed here. Though I may not be a vocal as I once was, I still have a strong desire to see this place grow and become an even better resource for those of us that love our Hydriv machines.

Go ahead, Tom..... do what you do best. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
3,513 Posts
Hydriv, you will not see me write "Hilda, I want to see this" (or words to that effect), unless you really want to be called that??? I digress... :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I personally enjoy looking at old tractor pictures and especially old sales brochures. I'm all for it!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Tim

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hydriv said:
The struggle we are having is over the issue of whether or not you guys are really worth all the effort it will take to create it. We also realize that many of you don't have an ounce of creative imagination either.
I think it's a great idea and would love to see it, but umm...if the idea is to try to draw out the looky-loos, maybe it wasn't the best idea to start out the thread by INSULTING them. Doesn't exactly put one in a begging mood (unless maybe your into that sort of thing.) :sidelaugh:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.