Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently picked up a 4020ps. My Wheel horse GT14 needed to much work and I didn't have time to fix it and the Ingersoll was ready to go. That said I really got hooked on my new tractor. I just don't know much about it's strong and week points. Here's what I need to do. My attachments are in excellent shape from the GT 14. Dozer blade, 3 point hitch, mid mount grader blade and rear discharge new mower deck.

I'm in the progress of mounting the three point. I want to tie the rear axle ear tabs to the 3 point plate to reduce stress points from heavy loads. I'll be using the same mounting points as the factory Ingersoll 3 point attachment. Additionally I'll add a bracket that goes from the three point mounting plate to the tabs on the rear axle. My concern is with out the additional reinforcement the dozer blade might create to much stress and break the axle housing.

I do a lot of grading and it's a clay/shale pan. I wasn't able to find any post where axle failures seem to be an issue. I just don't want to be the first.

It looks like I can use the sleeve hitch axle pins to mount my dozer blade pretty easy.

Anyone experienced axle housing failure?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hank

The axle housings are cast steel there pretty tough, if you distributed the stress properly I doubt you would have an issue.
I've never heard of the tabs breaking with a sleeve hitch properly installed,.
IMHO it's all in the engineering of your mounting system.:think:

Thanks
Jim:wave:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I thought I'd give an update on my will horse full frame adaption to my Ingersoll 4020PS.

Not one issue. It hass worked brilliantly at doing some very heavy clearing logging and dozing.

The dozer blade adapted relatively fine without a lot of modification. Making to ears were the most complicated. I welded a piece of angle iron on the dozer frame just under the lift bars on the teactor and used anchor bolts from the masonary store to lift the blade.

I would like more Clarence when I haven't fully lifted but it does clear everything I go over so that's not a problem spout 6 to 8" when fully lifted.

The only other modification was blade adjust handle needed to be pie cut and welded to make it reachable from the seat.

My next project is adapting my will horse mower deck underneath and that looks like a straightforward project as well should have that finished in July.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.