Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentleman,

I picked up a Case 54 in plow with the over the axle lifting arm and need to make an attachment plate.

I saw somewhere where a generous person uploaded a schematic to make a plate but I CAN NOT FIND IT AGAIN
AND MY PATIENCE (with myself) IS DEPLETED.

A link or maybe a hint would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU Tom, Chuck, Jack and all the other members who make this site what it is.
Thanks Rob_P for "listening."

Have a wonderful day and weekend,
Mike :gums:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: attachment plate schematic (need to make myself for plow

mblust said:
Hello gentleman,

I picked up a Case 54 in plow with the over the axle lifting arm and need to make an attachment plate.
Mike,

The type of plate you're referring to is only necessary for use with a sleeve hitch and the newer, under axle plow designs. Your lift link attaches directly to the pin on the lift rocker arm. If you're missing the lift link or find that you have the newer style plow we can help you with specs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank you Bill.H and Bart,

No pictures at this time - need to follow the procedures (I will soon)

There are no markings signifying which model plow I have. Sorry

The lift arm DOES NOT reach the lifting plate at all (2 in. plus short with plow mounted and level - lift plate in any position) and the stud on the arm is 5/8 in. while the two open holes on the plate are 1/2 in. ish. The lifting arm has on one end, a STUD and on the other, a SLOT cut where the PO had it mounted so as to allow some up/down play or relief (?).
Looking from the front of the tractor rearwards, imagine performing a left jab with arm and hand (boxing) to get an idea of the BENDS in the lift arm.

This is the best way I can describe what is there. All the pictures from manuals I could find show the straight lifting arms.

Thank you all for now. I'll try back later tonight and maybe pictures will be available. That, or ?

Many thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

I'm wondering if you have the correct lift link? Some photos would quickly clear up the issue or you can download the parts manuals for the two different model plows and they will give you a good illustration of what the parts look like. The J and later blades use a straight lift link while the earlier model has a slight bend near the end with a hole in it.

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts

It sounds like your lift rod is a home made one that's just a little short. You could make a new one with a length of pipe and a bench vice pretty easy I would think.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

mblust said:
There are no markings signifying which model plow I have.
If the lift arm goes OVER the front axle, then you have an H-model blade and no adapter plate is needed for the H-blades.

The H-blades also use a vertical link between the blade support and the lift arm. If someone has drastically shortened that vertical link, that will make your lift arm seem short. If you can motivate Bart, he could take a measurement of the center to center length of the vertical link and also the overall length of the lift arm. You can find the Parts Manual for the H-blade in the Library/Parts Manuals/Utility Blades and that should give you some insight on this issue.

Hilda

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Bart, Chuck and Tom, thank you. I am too fast for my own good sometimes.

The manual for the 1971 200 and 400 blades would indicate my blade to be a H54.
The lift bar was painted Power Red and showed the same weathering as the blade. It was not mounted on the 442 at the time. This is why I took it for granted that it was/is original. :facepalm:
The bar is .500 x 1.500 steel with "factory looking bends."
http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee502/mblust/

This dozer blade came from this: [email protected] (Chicago, IL Craigslist)
The 442 did not look as good as the pictures would indicate. Everything was in the weeds for sometime. :thumbdown:

I will make my own lift bar. I would be curious to know what the bar would fit, though.

Again, thank you all for your help.
(By the way, the loader project has been on hold because too much s%$t has taken precedence. I had to pass on some 644's. Distance and $.)
:gums:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

mblust said:
Bart, Chuck and Tom, thank you. I am too fast for my own good sometimes.

The manual for the 1971 200 and 400 blades would indicate my blade to be a H54.
The lift bar was painted Power Red and showed the same weathering as the blade. It was not mounted on the 442 at the time. This is why I took it for granted that it was/is original. :facepalm:
The bar is .500 x 1.500 steel with "factory looking bends."

This dozer blade came from this: [email protected] (Chicago, IL Craigslist)
The 442 did not look as good as the pictures would indicate. Everything was in the weeds for sometime. :thumbdown:

I will make my own lift bar. I would be curious to know what the bar would fit, though.

Again, thank you all for your help.
(By the way, the loader project has been on hold because too much s%$t has taken precedence. I had to pass on some 644's. Distance and $.)
:gums:
:headscratcher: :headscratcher: The link needs a password :headscratcher: :headscratcher:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Looking at the pictures, I think I will need to replace the 1/2 in. pipe nipple extension with the original short piece (engine oil case drain.)

My hat is off to you all who have mastered modern technology (ie. computers). :sidelaugh:

Creating a working link to the Craigslist post is futile. :facepalm:

Thanks, :wave:
Mike

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

mblust said:

Mike
Try this.

Go to the Craigslist advert of your choice.

Put your cursor onto the wording in the ADDRESS BAR at the top of the page. It will look like this...<http// toronto.en. craigslist.ca/ .

Left click your mouse and hold down.

Pass the cursor over the address to highlight it. Release the left mouse button.

With the cursor on the highlighted address, click the right button on your mouse.

A drop down menu box will appear. Select COPY and click on that word.

You have now captured the live link for that Craigslist ad.

Return to the forum where you were already creating a post.

Put your cursor onto the box where you were typing your post and then right click your mouse to reveal the drop down box once more.

Select PASTE and the live link will be placed into your post.

Once you have done this a few times, it will be like riding a bike.

Pick yourself up off the ground and apply bandages in the areas that are leaking.

HILDA

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

Mike,

I've made several lift links for the H blade and they are quite simple. I just used 3/4" pipe (whatever type was sitting around) and flattened the ends with a hammer--heat makes it easier. Ideally it should have a slight bend inwards near the rear end to provide clearance around the engine but if that is hard for you to do then you can simply add a few 5/8" washers to the pins where the lift link attaches and you get more clearance. The best way to get the length right is to block the blade up with scrap wood at the maximum height you want (when in the full up position), make sure the attachment lift is in the full up position and then measure the pin-to-pin distance to get your holes positioned correctly.

If this is difficult for you I'd be happy to help you out and I'm not far away.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hydriv said:
mblust said:

Mike
Try this.

Go to the Craigslist advert of your choice.

Put your cursor onto the wording in the ADDRESS BAR at the top of the page. It will look like this...<http// toronto.en. craigslist.ca/ .

Left click your mouse and hold down.

Pass the cursor over the address to highlight it. Release the left mouse button.

With the cursor on the highlighted address, click the right button on your mouse.

A drop down menu box will appear. Select COPY and click on that word.

You have now captured the live link for that Craigslist ad.

Return to the forum where you were already creating a post.

Put your cursor onto the box where you were typing your post and then right click your mouse to reveal the drop down box once more.

Select PASTE and the live link will be placed into your post.

Once you have done this a few times, it will be like riding a bike.

Pick yourself up off the ground and apply bandages in the areas that are leaking.

HILDA
Good morning to you too. :gums:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

SSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My doctor with the full-time headache says when asked: Dr. ****, what's wrong? You look terrible!

He exhales long to the point of almost passing out and replies shaking his head and looking down, "Mike."

Sooo,

Bart, thanks for the tip to make my own. Better not let me find out where you live. Headaches have a way spreading. :sidelaugh: .............. :wtf:

Billygoat, thank you for the sleeve hitch idea. Do not have one of those - or a three point either. (Yet)

Tom, Tom, Tom :crazy: I hope you KNOW that I am not doing these flubs on purpose. An unfocused mind and too much stress makes the smartest people do ...................... stupid dodo.
Copy, paste. Got it. :wtf:.......... :thumbup:

By the way, did anyone see my new pet raccoon in the first picture? :roll:

Gentleman, as always, THANK YOU for your help.

This forum is great !!!
Mike :gums:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Gentleman,

Your help and suggestions have resulted in a successful job completed.

The link and skids work well.

I too often think of something funny and want to share it somewhere. The jokes are misplaced and ill timed. Stress, well, I need to get that under control.

With deepest appreciation and apologizes to those offended,
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.