Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any difference in old attachments versus the newer attachments?I have 3 446 one mid 70s one late 70s and one late 80s cosmetically the 2 early one look similar obviously the 80s one has a updated hood and fenders but what's the difference in pto area to attachments caster deck blade or any other attachments. I ask this because my dad has a snow caster for his 448 and he doesn't want it so I get it and the blade blade is missing the lift arm but will the snow caster fit the early 446s with same belts ECT .. I know they fit the the mount area so that's not a question.... just curious... they might just go in storage also haven't decided if I want to use them yet or not... both blade and blower are next to new old stock bought with the 448 with all paperwork.

thanks everyone ...

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,407 Posts
There would be no difference in the mounting, lift linkage or belt length with any of the tractors that you mention. There are two different snowcaster drive belts but that is due do a difference in the driven pulley diameter on the caster and has nothing to do with the tractor. If the snowcaster came with the 448 it is new enough to have the 6" O.D. pulley and would require a C23539 belt.

Bob

·
Registered
21 Posts
There would be no difference in the mounting, lift linkage or belt length with any of the tractors that you mention. There are two different snowcaster drive belts but that is due do a difference in the driven pulley diameter on the caster and has nothing to do with the tractor. If the snowcaster came with the 448 it is new enough to have the 6" O.D. pulley and would require a C23539 belt.

Bob
What about even earlier tractors, say a 210? Would a 1985 push blade/snow blade from say, an '80 446 fit a early model Case 210?

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,407 Posts
What about even earlier tractors, say a 210? Would a 1985 push blade/snow blade from say, an '80 446 fit a early model Case 210?
Yes, as all 210 tractors have the same snap fast mounting system as your 446. However, the blade from the 446 is likely 54" in width which may be a little much for the 210 which has much less traction and pushing power in comparison. A 44" blade would be better suited.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts