Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some attachments I have access to. They are from a case 210 tractor and are a manual lift type (that is what I was told). They attach via pin to the tractor. Will I be able to use these on my 444? Or will the toung be to short for the big wheel tractors?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The attachments will fit but may be too small to work properly. The mower deck, blade and snowblowers are all narrower than desirable for the 400 series and will not cover the full track width. They will work fine on the 200 series tractors.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I'm not actually disagreeing with my buddy Bart here but....... it really depends on the attachments in question.

If the mower deck is a 44" cut width, then it is fine for a 400 Series tractor.

If the push blade is also a 44" wide model, it too can be used on a 400 Series tractor EXCEPT in full angle position. It is fine for straight pushing or angled left/right in the first hole on the positioning plate. If you angle it fully, then your rear wheels will drive over the spoil that comes off the blade.

If the snowcaster is a 38", it too can be used on a 400 Series tractor by adding a pair of "wings" to widen the cut 4" in total to a 42" cut.

This all comes down to how cheap you can buy the attachments. Tell us what he has and what he's asking. If you have photos, so much the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.