Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After you re-paint a "working" tractor, implement, etc... your are bound to get nicks and dings through normal use.
I would really like to have a small bottle of touch up handy just like you can buy at the auto parts store. :thumbup:

In looking at the process sheets for the paint I am using, it tells me that the pot life is 8 hours after adding the reducer and hardener.
I assume that also means it won't keep in an airtight container. :thumbdown:

So my question is, is it possible to make touch up paint that keeps, or do I have to mix small quantities with an eyedropper every time I need some, or what? :wtf:

Chime in if you have found some method that gives acceptable results.

John

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have used rattle can to touch -up. If area is not a good area to spray, then spray some rattle can into a clean container. Then use touch-up brush to repair area. The rattle can lid sometimes works for this. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Here is what I do. I only mix up what I intend to use. I can't see any reason to mix up a whole can ( just an example ) ,just to do touch ups.

That is just my two cents. Oh and by the way,I have been painting for going on 31 years now.

As Jack stated,it is very important that the area to be painted is clean,and that it has been prepped properly for the best possible adhesion.

Maynard :canada:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.