Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came into a 446 (cheap) but it is missing the the carburetor. The guy I got it from tried to fix it 10 yrs ago and lost several parts.

I see new ones out there for way too much $$....does anyone know of a source for used (cheap) carburetors? (B43M Onan) or is there an aftermarket affordable one out there like there that will work?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would get ahold of boomer (651)-437-2826. He sells new and used Onan parts. The most informative and helpful Onan guy out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
Search for your model number (mine is B43M) on Amazon or eBay. I found an aftermarket import for ~$70.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=TJ6TD1SJ6Q2ZN4F31BZW

Part was a good fit and has worked well.
Depending on the year of your 446, this might be a very involved, time consuming & expensive route to go. If your 446 was not originally equipped with the Nikki carb, among other things you would will need to change the intake manifold or get a carb adapter, change the air filter housing, modify exhaust heat shields to clear the new air filter housing, change the front blower housing, etc. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten some things but overall cost and effort favors retaining the M-S DD13 carb if that was what your 446 came with.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,213 Posts
What is the PIN/serial number on your tractor chassis, or the engine build code form the tag.

As implied in other posts, there were 2 different types of carbs supplied with the B43M's. How you approach cost effectively replacing the missing carb will really depend on which you originally had.

Brian

·
Ingersoll Dealer
4,213 Posts
It's B43M-GA016/3622A. S/N D813566172 thanks for any assistance.
Thanks for the follow up ...

The engine code 3622A uses the M/S DD13 carb.

Generally speaking you are best to keep with the carb that was original, as the linkages to the governor, air cleaner, etc are all related. See the parts manual for a good exploded view illustration.

So ... are you missing only the carb? Or lots of related hook up parts?

DD13's are available new, but most consider it pricey for repair of old machinery like this. At least a good photo of the carb for you:

https://salempwr.com/c27507-carburetor-complete-lif/

Used can be a good route ... I'm a bit surprised but don't see one immediately on eBay.

Forum members may offer one up ...

Brian

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did you get a breather air filter assembly with the tractor.

Those air filter breather assemblies are carb specific, so heads up.

The Nikki and DD 13 air filters assemblies won't interchange. Unless lots of mod's)
How do I know this? I've got a 448 and have both a nikki carb and the OEM DD13 and individual breathers that will fit onto the same manifold and fit under the factory hood using the B48 onan engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts