Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured I would get off my butt and post some pics of the fun I am working on now.
More pics in my album(finally). It would be nice if someone has one of these...http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... ockType=G3 to measure the angle of the dash and then the angle of the support tube, then give me the angles so i can get mine correct. All I really need is the difference between the two measurements. Looks like I'll have to cut the flat bar support from the tower, jack it all up with a porta-power, then work the tower straight and reweld it.

· Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it was like that when I got it. No dents in hood, or anything major with fenders. Steering wheel is cracked at bottom also. I don't have a clue how the tower could get messed up like that and not bend up a lot of other stuff. Nothing else (steering support, sector gear etc.) hurt except by abuse and lack of maint. It'll take a bit of work, which I don't mind, to get it back in shape. Just need to get the angle of the tube/tower relationship so I don't have to take it apart and put it together 18 times to get it correct. It apparently was used like this for a while because the steering shaft has a groove worn in it from the bottom of the tube rubbing.

· Registered
423 Posts
I was just wondering I see there is a dent right in back of the steering column like maybe the steering column got bent and might have caused that. Maybe some of the parts have been replaced already, kind of odd the tower could have that kind of damage and nothing else.

Mark

· Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, if you look at the pictures in my album, you can see the dash is pushed down a bit. The only thing underneath that looked newer is the lift cylinder. The paint looked to be in better condition than the rest of the tractor. The deck is also a later model than the tractor, but the mule drive seems to be original.

· Registered
323 Posts
As similar as these tractors are, with all the different styles/methods/techniques I have seen so far, I wouldnt rely on any others angular dimensions..... I would just bolt the steering gear in and slide the steering shaft up thru the hole and align from there. If you put a new bronze bushing up in the top right away, you'll get it right were things need to be.

· Registered
160 Posts
Billygoat said:
Just figured I would get off my butt and post some pics of the fun I am working on now.
More pics in my album(finally). It would be nice if someone has one of these...http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... ockType=G3 to measure the angle of the dash and then the angle of the support tube, then give me the angles so i can get mine correct. All I really need is the difference between the two measurements. Looks like I'll have to cut the flat bar support from the tower, jack it all up with a porta-power, then work the tower straight and reweld it.
I have just the frame from a 444 that I checked. The difference is 10 degrees.

Ted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.