Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Seems to me we've been down this road in the past year and something tells me that Berco does not make a blower for the 3 digit tractors.... only the 4 digit Ingersolls. There is a thread here on the site that talks about this and one member converted his Berco's mule drive so that it would work on his 400 Series.

·
Administrator
2,859 Posts

·
Administrator
2,859 Posts
zekenater said:
yes great instructions, but it doesent say how it worked........
Did you watch the video?

·
Administrator
2,859 Posts
Damn Good! That's how it worked...

The last, and really the only significant snow we got here, was on February 21.
We got 2-3 inches of really heavy wet snow, then it rained on that a little, then it snowed about 3 more inches off drier stuff. :crazy:

In all the time I have been clearing snow here in Minnesota, even back to my childhood, this was the wettest snow I can ever remember.
When the plows cleared it, it rolled up on the plow blades just like there were rolling snowmen. :eek:

Further north of me where it was colder, this same storm dropped a foot of snow. So I figure I got close to the same moisture content which equals about 1" of water.

Anyway... The Bercomac 2-stage ate it up like candy and threw it just as far as you see in the video above.
The governor sure got a workout, but everything pretty much kept pace and the belts did not slip or glaze from over heating.

I wish I had the video, but I was alone that morning and had no one to shoot it.

K0JDD

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a berco on my ingersoll 446. i modified the original case mule drive (pretty much just swapped the pulleys to the other side). Worked great all winter last year. No issues with belt coming off or burning up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts