Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This pic shows a clapped out mount that bent due to the (impact) of a sloppy pin to mount relationship. The fork is bent 1/8"

This pic shows a slightly used mount that I will refer to as the "guide" mount, Notice: It has the brace to prevent the fork from bending,..(Important) Use the same methiod for alingment from 1 side to the other, otherwise they wont be cemetricle, and it will be like a 4 leg table with 1 short leg. :think: when it sits in your tractor all 4 points should touch.

This pic shows me using a straight edge (clamped straight in line with the guide mount) scribing a line.

Now you got your line,..cut off the junk metal

Test fit your new piece, make sure it matches the guide mount.. Use 1/4 x 1.1/4 flat stock, It could be 1/4 x 2" dont matter, we will trim off access anyhow. BEFORE YOU CLAMP AND WELD GRIND PREP THE BACKSIDE.

line up new iron with guide mount clamp and weld. DO NOT grind this side

flip it over and finish weld

The outside of the mount MUST be finished flat,. I used a round file to finish the radius.

Latter today Ill come back and trim off a little, but not too much. maybe even prime for painting. There is another phaze to the rebuild that I will post when I have all the materials ready.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snotrocket said:
Very nice welding job!

Is this for a front mount snow blade?
Thank you for the complement, As you can see Its "wireless" :thumbdown: Iam gettin alittle better with the stick, My 250 amp microprocessor controled miller let the smoke out, $1000.00 for a new board....NOT gona happen.

Yes the mount is for the 54" utility blade.
Ill be back with the pics of it completed, I forgot to down load from phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.