Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Re: Bloominton, IN C/L 4016-large deck-looks new in Pics-$1,

If that one checks out in person to be as good as what you see in the photos, it's a very good buy. You would spend more than that to buy a Deere LT at the big box store and if the hydro in the Deere failed on you in seven years time, all you would have is a tractor not worth repairing. If you get seven more years out of this 4016 and you have to rebuild the engine, then the tractor is still worth putting that kind of money into it. Besides, this is a GT and the Deere is an LT. This one will run circles around the Deere or Cub or Craftsman when it comes to performing work for the homeowner.

However, I am curious about the claim that a Kohler twin is under the hood.

·
Registered
877 Posts

Looks like a Kohler Magnum twin. These had Onans and Vanguards didn't they? Maybe repowered when Onan went south.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts

Ingersoll made garden tractors for Massey-Ferguson for two years in the early 90's. Kohler engines were used but I am not sure whether they used Magnums or V-twin Command. Caseman2 can comment on this because he owns an Ingersoll/Massey.

Far be it for me to say that this tractor has a replacement engine in it. That's a question that needs to be put to the Seller.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts

I am not sure about that Kohler in there either...... looks like it was a preofessional repower though, not a cobbled mess like most

·
Registered
194 Posts

To me it looks like the seller is just mistaken about it not being an Onan. It has the typical text on the side of the engine as well as the oil filter in the right spot. I have ran into more than a few people that don't know what engine is in their tractor like most of us geeks (I guess I should speak for myself, a geek like me).

This is still assuming the engine wasn't replaced. I had a 3014 (I think that was what it was) that had a Kohler Magnum in the past. The engine was trashed, but I am not sure if it was because the PO let it run out of oil or what. I bought it in parts, and still have part of it sitting around. Mater of fact, Tom, you will be getting some of the parts. :smile:

-Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.