Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did some searching in the tech section.

I fixed my broken gear and adjusted the brake band, but my travel lever will only go halfway back to neutral.
is their a specific adjustment I need to be looking at?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Sylvester Calzone said:
did some searching in the tech section.

I fixed my broken gear and adjusted the brake band, but my travel lever will only go halfway back to neutral.
is their a specific adjustment I need to be looking at?
I can't see how anything you did to a gear or brake has anything to do with the travel lever unless you somehow obstructed movement of the lever. Did it work before you worked on the brake? Did you disconnect the travel lever linkage? Need more info to be helpful.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the brake never worked because P.O had adjusted the pedal all the way down, so I bet the spring has a heck of allot of stretch in it.
.... hmmm actually maybe the spring is disconnected, if P.O had adjusted the brake pedal all the way down then he must have had to disconnect the spring or the travel lever would always be in neutral?
I never disconnected the travel lever linkage, I like the idea of the spring so I will check that out

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sly, I'm not sure what tractor you have, but there is a brake adjustment procedure in the "operator's" manual. It also has a section on "return to neutral" adjustment. Does it only go halfway from both directions, or just from one direction? There is an adjustment for that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.