Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on 77-444. I just installed a new travel valve with integrated holding valve, drilled new holes 5/8"- 11/16" back from old holes. Now I cannot fully engage the brake, it only goes to the 1st notch in the brake stop / lever. How do I adjust the brake to get it fully engaged?? Does it have anything to do with the travel spool not set correctly??
I installed a J17 PTO valve, it came without the mounting plate to the engine. I had a friend weld a new mounting plate, we matched it up with holes on engine, generator bracket and the top plate of the PTO valve. The brake nicked the hose from the pump to the valve. It seems to close to the steering tower because the hose from the pump to PTO was a little long. Does anyone have the measurement of the PTO bracket that attaches to a Kohler 14 horse?? I want to put this together correctly so any help or suggestions before my brain explodes?? PS I did enjoy the holding valve when I cut grass yesterday.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/img0793wg.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/img0792x.jpg/

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I hate being the bearer of bad news but since you asked...........

According to you, your tractor is a 1977 model. Beginning in 1973, Case installed rubber isolator pucks as part of their improved engine mounting system. Previously, the Kohler's had been bolted solidly to the frame of the tractor. When the isolator system came into use, Case stopped using the F, G and H style of hydraulic PTO valves that mounted on the side of the Kohler block. The valve was moved to a bracket that bolted onto the rear of the tractor behind the left side of the Operator's seat. You are attempting to install an early valve on a later model tractor.

As for the brake...... I suggest that you get someone to work that brake pedal for you while you figure out what the pedal or linkage is hitting up against and preventing it from being fully depressed. That's the only thing that can be at issue here. It either has to do with the PTO installation or the travel valve installation and it's mechanical interference that is causing the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.