Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will be replacing the lining on my brake (1973 case 222) , could anyone tell me what thickness they have used. my band currently has nothing on it. Also, what is the width? I would like to order from mcmaster tonight and am out of town and away from my tractor. I am also ordering new motor mounts and poor mans power steering parts :thumbup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Perhaps one of you guys should explain why you chose 6224K116. That is a metallic lining. Since the max speed of these tractors is less than 10 MPH, I don't think that high temps are going to be an issue. Metallic linings work best when there is brake heat but since that isn't going to happen, my choice would be 6175K112, which is an organic lining material. IMHO, this one will grab much better and with less pedal pressure.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I was going by the part number provided by Bart. The number he provided is for a 4' length of lining. The number I provided is so one can purchase by the foot instead of purchasing 4'. The OP wanted to know what the McMaster-carr # that others have used and Bart was the the only one that provided a number. I can't speak for Ken222, but it's safe to bet Bart knows more about these tractors than I do, so I was taking his advise. There again Hydriv knows a whole lot more than myself, and has a valid point. Let the discussion begin! :trink:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
My rationale for selecting the one I did is that it appears to have a higher coefficient of friction which should translate into better holding power. I have not gotten around to installing it yet so I can't testify as to it's real life performance but I'm confident that it will work better than the worn out material it will be replacing.

As Tom points out, the semi metallic will work better at high speed so I won't have to change brake bands when I build by super modified Case racer! :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am sure Bart and Hydriv know more than I ever will. That said, my brake is not installed on the tractor and has no lining on it. I was wondering what size and type people have used with good results

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.