Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,
Finally got the old pictures back,and wanted to share with you a picture of my "130" when it was brand new.The 10 year old on the "130" is me,we had just got it in at my Dad's dealership,and he let me bring it home to play around the yard on it. If this doesnt work,its in my gallery

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
WOW

Great pic. Thanks for posting. Look at those shiny new hub caps. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hydriv said:
mikebramel said:
Very nice

How come your starter gen is black? Was it replaced
The colour of the start/gen units has been debated previously. It is my position that the 1965's were built with black start/gens but in 1966, 1967 and 1968 they were painted Flambeau just like the Kohlers were.
You're right Hydriv.

As the "130" in the picture just arrived at my Dad's Case dealership in 1965, and as mentioned I brought it home to drive around, this is how they looked brand new in 1965. This was in April.
Ande

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok you brought me out with that picture!! Yes I am one of the lurkers.. I was going to send a note when you guys put the factory brochures on but just didn't have time..
They are fantastic!! I get into the early brochures for all big tractor company garden tractors. Of course the tractors too! Have quite a few. This pic is truly worth a 1000 words.. The starter/gen color is finally proven.. I bought the first yr brochure for Case a couple months ago on ebay. It seemed to prove the starter/gen color was black and Tom thought it was black but this proves it.

I bought that chrome knob 130 Case from the guy in MN last winter. I was drawn to it because it is the first yr Case. I got it running and want to restore it to completely original. Lots of questions? Did the 130 come with a padded seat cover and was it black? Does anyone have that original parking brake mentioned in the parts manual? etc.

We are leaving on trip soon and will be back in middle Feb. Just want to say you guys are an incredibly interesting site and I have already learned so much!

Thanks Gerry

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The longer you are around these tractors, the more you come to realize that you cannot always take certain things to the bank. This is because the factory seemed to do whatever the hell it pleased, whenever it pleased them to do so. This is especially true in the years prior to 1971 when the dust seemed to settle a bit and the plant began to get their act together.

One of the major pieces of literature that I have yet to come across is the actual Sales Manual for each year of the tractor. Presumably, the dealers just tossed them into the trash once they exhausted any current inventory and the new models began to hit the showroom floor. The Sales Manual.....unlike the Sales Brochure..... would list all of the various options that were available for each tractor model and that would include things such as a seat cushion, which I believe was absolutely available. Black would seem to be the logical colour choice.

As for the Parking Brake, I don't recall anyone ever talking about it so presumably it was one of those obscure options that rarely got ordered.

I think that the tractor you bought was from one of our members who had fallen on hard times and was forced to sell his 130. If I recall correctly, his wife had a mis-carriage and that left him in deep debt thanks to medical bills. Now that you have left the land of Lurkdom, just keep on posting. It's really not all that hard to do, now is it? :lol: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have seen several sales manuals for sale that even include things like the competition specs. I watch these closely on ebay but have never seen anything for Case. I see one is for sale for JD for 1975 now on ebay and it includes info for selling against the competition. Not as early as I am interested in. But it seems really interesting.

I did just get one of the dealer only sales brochures for the red Cub International garden tractors! It is great and I am watching for a Case one.

Yes I am from the same town as the guy I bought the 130 from. I don't know the specifics of troubles but I hope he is doing ok! He told me about this site. If he is still watching I want to say Thank You for the tractor. It does run great once I went thru the carb and fixed fuel leaks. He had a lot of really neat old stuff.

I will try to get with the program as I see it is not that hard to enter into conversation.

Thanks Gerry

·
Registered
168 Posts
One of the things I've seen are changes for the *next* model year being implimented towards the end of the current year's run. There are several examples of this - five lugs wheels on a 120, a non-mesh grill 190, Firestone rear tires on a '67 155, etc. I suspect the 130 starter/gen is one of these. I bet there are a few 130's floating around towards the end of the model year that came red (the guy I purchased mine from swore it was original when he bought it with a red one). As Hydriv mentioned, not even an outstanding picture such as this really settles anything. I have the sales lit that shows the red starter/gen on 155/195's. And yet mine came with a black one, and I know the complete history of it - no repaint, no replacement. The 195 on eBay right now appears to have original paint - black starter/gen.
There are other details in this pic worth noting for the devoted restorer. The oil cooler lines running along the frame are clearly not painted once they switch from metal to rubber. Later 100 series were (must have been painted later during the assembly process). Also, I can see hardware holding on the Sunset panels. I wouldn't think you'd see it if the hardware was painted. I have always wondered if they used painted or unpainted hardware.

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok i know this is a old thread. but i'm new here and just searching out anything 130 related.. i have a 130 my father bought brand new in 1965. the gen/starter is Black and Dad ordered it with the optional parking brake. which by the way was always a pain in the but to use.
it's a splined hub which attaches to the rear axle and just has a round steel shaft with a rubber grip on it that engages the spline. the problem with it was and is. the shaft and corresponding spline are about 3/4 of a inch and spaced as much apart. you had to roll the tractor back and forth in order to line shaft and spline up. and then is you were parked on a hill you couldn't get it unlock as there was to much pressure on the shaft to get it to slide out.. we probably only used it a hand full of times and then never used it again.
Pete

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.