Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a case/ingersoll yt108 a couple weeks ago for 80 bucks. It didn't run at the time. I cleaned it up and it will start now but it only runs for 5 minutes then it dies. I don't think it's a fuel issue. Any ideas? Bear with me, I'm new at the forum thing. All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Most likely, you are right about it being a fuel issue. There is a product called Seafoam and it is available at many auto stores. If you can remove the carb from the engine, dismantle it and soak it for a couple days in the Seafoam, then it may dissolve the fuel residue that is plaguing your engine. Do this in a plastic container that has a tight fitting lid to prevent evaporation. When you are done, pour the Seafoam into the fuel tank and let it run through the carb that way. Use a small square of cotton fabric to filter the Seafoam as you pour it into the tank. This product works very well and has solved a lot of similar problems for owners in the past, including myself.

Naturally, the engine could likely benefit from a new, properly gapped spark plug, a thorough check of the spark plug wire, retightening of the head bolts, an oil change with fresh 30 weight added and a clean air filter plus fuel filter.

Nice buy on the 108. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.