Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Blow snow ............................ Suck snow ........................... all you need is a Sam's club size bottle of cherry syrup and you can go into the snow cone confection business. If you have any old "clean" funnels lying around, fill'em up and your in business.

Now of course, for the adult clients you would need a liquor license to turn those snow cones into something ...... else.

xfolkboat, I feel your pain and I did not inhale, either.

:trink: ............................ :gums:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I woke up this morning to about 1" on the ground ... go check the weather report and what do I see?
Issued by The National Weather Service
Portland, ME

Fri, Oct 28, 2011, 5:37 AM EDT

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

* LOCATIONS... THIS WATCH INCLUDES SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND YORK COUNTY MAINE.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY WET SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE.
Then I remembered I got the snowcaster all set up a couple weeks ago. All I have to do are bolt on the wheel weights and hook up! :letitsnow: :winterrules: :letitsnow:

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
Bill.H said:
I woke up this morning to about 1" on the ground ... go check the weather report and what do I see?
Issued by The National Weather Service
Portland, ME

Fri, Oct 28, 2011, 5:37 AM EDT

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

* LOCATIONS... THIS WATCH INCLUDES SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND YORK COUNTY MAINE.

* HAZARD TYPES... HEAVY WET SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS... 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW ARE POSSIBLE.
Then I remembered I got the snowcaster all set up a couple weeks ago. All I have to do are bolt on the wheel weights and hook up! :letitsnow: :winterrules: :letitsnow:
Yeah this snow storm isn't exactly fitting in with my "prepare for winter" schedule. I have my plow on right now because I've been using it as a dozer blade so I'll probably just use that if we can any kind of accumulation and it sticks around.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our trees have all the leaves still. I will not be putting on the snowcaster, the BCS has a 28" single stage attachment that will suffice for one storm, I guess-it would get old for our 1/4 mile driveway AND paths around the Pine Cone Ranch.

Maybe all the branches will fall off for easy pickup.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love using the snow caster but I must agree that this is messing up the "prepare for winter" schedule! But I cannot complain, worst case I will put the caster on the 448 SE and do the leave clean up with the 446 :winterrules: :chopwood:

·
Administrator
3,513 Posts
I just guaranteed that we won't get any snow in my area because I shifted around the machines in my one car garage so that my 446 is ready to work with a plow if necessary (the two Ingersolls still have their mower decks on). My neighbors are grateful for my effective snow "deterrence" efforts. :trink:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
They changed our forecast to 3"-5" of snow! That's cause I said earlier it won't amount to anything here. LOL I worked outside in the storm today. This storm has a lot moisture/heavy winds, I got wet through full rain gear. Lots of snow when it hits the colder areas to the north. I guess I'll drop the deck off the 446 and put the blade on if need be. Thought I was going to have one more mow. :crazy:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
I've got the snowcaster standing by just in case. The blade works pretty good on less than 6 inches of wet stuff. I like plowing in high range to. :mrgreen:

I did throw my chains on but didn't bother with the weights or the rest of my cab.

·
Administrator
3,283 Posts
Got no power here in Oakdale, CT and had 4-5" of snow but settling down to less, but still snowing!!! Generator is running!!
Yesterday I put the plow, weights, and chains on my Ingersoll. I also madeup some plates and welded them onto the plow skidshoes, so the tractor is ready!!
Bought a new 8" hose for my Scag ZTR, what a difference in airflow into the bags on the collection system!!
Tom, any bites on your Case 446 yet?
Mad Mackie in CT :winterrules: :thumbdown: unfortunately!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.