Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through whats left of my hydraulic stuff in my big Case Ingy stash and I came across a few hoses. This one looks like it might have something to do with the oil cooler. Anyone have any ideas? I'll go through the manuals as I know that is likely to be suggested.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If that hose is a short, straight piece of rubber with no fittings on it, then it most likely is either a connector hose in conjunction with the oil cooler or it could be a connector hose used on the steel oil tank that was mounted up front on tractors before they put the muffler under the hood.

If you go to the manuals and look at the final pages, there is a numeric list of all the part numbers contained in that parts book. If you find the part number you have, it will tell you the page that part appears. At least, that's half the battle. From there, you would have to consult earlier and later parts books to see how many PINs that part was used on.

Over the years, Case used several different styles of oil coolers that called for a change in how they were connected to the system.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True. The Diesel cooler I have is very different from the one on my 444. This appears to be an assembled kit with both rubber and curved metal components.

Really enjoying learning more about these tractors. Very nice platform... and forum.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The description you give sounds more like the high pressure hydraulic line that connects the mid-lift cylinder to the lift valve work ports but that hose is 1/4" ID. I can't think of any garden tractor that used a return line hose like that.

However... here's what I suggest. Send Brian Hildret (Member 11 on our Member's List) an e-mail and ask him what that part number is for. Brian has resources through Ingersoll that are only available to dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.