Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a good line on cab that was on a 224 for $250 with blower and blade. I know it is a steal, but will it fit my 1970 444 due to frame length differences?

I am guessing it will not work for me, but want to be certain.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It's not the frame length that is at issue. It's the fact that it's either a J-1 or K-1 cab and you need a J-2 or K-2 cab due to the tall wheels.

Even so, if he is offering the cab, blower and a blade that are all OEM Case items for a mere $250.00, then I think that you would be foolish to not buy them. There's money to be made and perhaps a cab swap will get you what you need and someone else will get what they need. Hopefully, all of the mounting brackets are with the cab.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Welcome to the site.

We're glad that you finally found us. :sidelaugh:

Please..... take some time to explore each forum and read the STICKY at the top because it explains how the forum is to be used.

Other areas to check out are the Tech Library, FAQ's and the Home Page where you will find some interesting reading and viewing in the HISTORY link.

And congratulations on an excellent purchase. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hydrive,
Thanks for the welcome. I'll take you up on your advice and peruse those sections. The tech section has been very useful already. I've been over at MTF for the last 4 months under the SN...you guessed it, "Brendon"...It was getting a little slow over there so I thought I'd come over here and read, contribute and learn what I can.

I frequent Craigslist and Uncle Henry's in Maine (as well as RI, CT, MA, NH, VT, NY...if one is committed to this "hobby" they have to be versatile). If anyone is ever looking for anything I'd be happy to help them locate items. From time to time I'll sell something as well.

I really enjoy reading the classifieds on this forum. Your posts are very informative.
Brendon

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Brendon said:
Ellsworth, ME. Nice to see there are at least a handful of Mainers on here.
OK good. But having that under your screen name means that you will never be asked that question again.

I don't know how many Mainers are on here but I think we are getting close to the quota and may have to start booting some of them off. :sidelaugh:

We have an Official Immigration Policy in place on this site. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hydriv, I was getting around to adding my location to my screenname. Unfortunately, the fiance was nagging me about going to dinner after I had spent the whole day driving to buy tractor parts and then working on said tractor parts, then going online to forums and talking about said tractor parts. There's only so many hours in the day...
She's always giving me a hard time about "bringing home another project". I can't blame her, the snowcaster that was in that package is my 4th. In my defense, it was one of the power white attachments that came with black frame I believe. I'd like to restore it to original, but I'm going to weld the cab back together and mount that first.

Okay, since I'm officially hijacking this thread, I might as well throw up some pictures of this stuff...it wasn't in good shape by any means but I couldn't pass up a 200 series cab. These are the shots of it in storage that I was emailed, I didn't have time to take any pics today. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for...well at any rate, I'm hoping this stuff will eventually restore nicely.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I think that you need to tell the fiance that she should forget about trying to change you after the wedding. This is who you are and she may as well accept it. :sidelaugh: Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has, how many handbags, how many scarfs, sweaters, blouses, skirts, dresses and hats? After all, she can only wear one at a time. And if she believes they are no longer in fashion, then they end up at Good Will. When you decide to get rid of a tractor or attachment... it gets sold for real money. She can't say the same thing. :lol: :lol:

The power white snowcaster looks to be in excellent condition except for the rust. And yes, that's for a 1984 Black Frame. Thanks for adding the info to your profile. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Alan_H said:
Brendon said:
I just bought that package this morning. The cab needs a few weld repairs where the frame had stress cracks but it had all the mounting brackets. Nice to find a cab for my 224.
Congrats on the purchase... now we need pictures of the haul!!
As it turns out, this guy seemed unsure of what he had, when I got down there, he said he couldn't find the plow. All of the stuff had been in storage for awhile and apparently he had sold the black frame 224 a few years back so he hadn't taken it out in awhile. What he did find in place of the plow was a decent set of wheel weights instead and we talked the price down a bit more so I came away very happy.

Hydriv said:
I think that you need to tell the fiance that she should forget about trying to change you after the wedding. This is who you are and she may as well accept it. :sidelaugh: Ask her how many pairs of shoes she has, how many handbags, how many scarfs, sweaters, blouses, skirts, dresses and hats? After all, she can only wear one at a time. And if she believes they are no longer in fashion, then they end up at Good Will. When you decide to get rid of a tractor or attachment... it gets sold for real money. She can't say the same thing. :lol: :lol:

The power white snowcaster looks to be in excellent condition except for the rust. And yes, that's for a 1984 Black Frame. Thanks for adding the info to your profile. :thumbsup:
You know what Hydriv, I made a deal with her. Last Thursday I took the day off from work to drive down to southern Maine and snag a K2 cab for my 446 and when this thing popped up on Uncle Henry's I had to have it so she is getting an Ipod touch from yours truly in exchange for me being able to buy one more dang...er...three more dang tractor attachments. Did I forget to mention to her that it was three attachments at the time? Oops.

The beauty of having a large collection of Case/Ingersoll attachments is that if they're all the same color, she can't keep track of how many decks, snowcasters and blades I have. Guess I'll have to get a set of power white attachments so she can no longer keep track of them either!

Edit- the snowcaster is actually not too bad. Not alot of dents and dings. It does have a good amount of surface rust as shown but I took a good look at the scraper bar on the bottom of the thing and no one ever bothered to flip it over so it still has one good side left! Which is lucky because the side facing out as awful worn. Chain is awful and probably will change out the auger bearings as well once I get it apart.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Let me introduce you to the Grand Master of 3 card tractor Monte. That would be our Keystone member Bart Cameron. He's got tractors stored on several other properties so that his wife has no clue what the totality of his collection really is. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hydriv said:
Let me introduce you to the Grand Master of 3 card tractor Monte. That would be our Keystone member Bart Cameron. He's got tractors stored on several other properties so that his wife has no clue what the totality of his collection really is. :sidelaugh:
Nice! That guy must be a real legend around here. I have 37 acres up here in Ellsworth so I'm considering a secret compound towards the back of the property. The fiance only ventures as far back as the woods path goes with the dog. I've got another 12 acres to play with after that, she'd never know!

One funny thing that she said to me a couple weeks ago was, "I wonder if transcripts from those stupid tractor forums have ever found their way into divorce court?" She's got a sense of humor about it at least.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Brendon said:
Hydriv said:
Nice! That guy must be a real legend around here. I have 37 acres up here in Ellsworth so I'm considering a secret compound towards the back of the property. The fiance only ventures as far back as the woods path goes with the dog. I've got another 12 acres to play with after that, she'd never know!

One funny thing that she said to me a couple weeks ago was, "I wonder if transcripts from those stupid tractor forums have ever found their way into divorce court?" She's got a sense of humor about it at least.
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
:222: :446: Best Regards. Rich

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
:thumbsup: Tom/Brendon/Group: My wife already caught on to the idea that I get a tractor, she gets a new dining room set! :wtf: LOL But one trick on the small tractors is that it's hard for her to know whats what. So I can say no, that's not a new one, I've had that one don't you remember? :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.