Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering who made the cabs for Case tractors?

What cabs have people modified to work on there Case tractors? How much work did you have to do, to make fit decent, and how well does modifying the cab work?

I'm trying to see if cabs from Cub Cadets or IH garden tractors would work on a Case, found a place that has a few metal cabs from Cub Cadet/IH for sale. I'm wondering if I could make them work on my 1978 Case 222, 1975 Case 446, or 1991 Ingersoll 6018 loader, I need to add a cab for my snow removal business. Just looking for options for cabs, and what others have made work. What are cabs worth is also a question, for a metal cab, not an all plastic cheap cab, the metal framed ones, maybe the metal frame with canvas door prices also?

Would it be modifying the mounting areas, fender and hood area, to make them fit, or is more things to modify for them to fit? I was thinking of needing to modify the gaps and mounting areas around fenders, hood, foot areas, or would there be a lot more work, is it worth modifying a different cab to fit on the Case tractors?

Thanks

· Registered
147 Posts
Re: Cabs who made for Case, what have people modified to wor

Here's a cab I built from a Cub Cadet cab....was an OLDER one and the fit was less than stellar. I also had to fab the lower portions where your legs go as the original was fabric and BEAT!
NOT an easy job but well worth it imho.
Basically almost any cab will work with some patience and fabbing.
This job took A LOOOONG time to complete. I wish I still had her!!!!

· Registered
894 Posts

begonesnow said:
I'm wondering who made the cabs for Case tractors?

What cabs have people modified to work on there Case tractors? How much work did you have to do, to make fit decent, and how well does modifying the cab work?

I'm trying to see if cabs from Cub Cadets or IH garden tractors would work on a Case, found a place that has a few metal cabs from Cub Cadet/IH for sale. I'm wondering if I could make them work on my 1978 Case 222, 1975 Case 446, or 1991 Ingersoll 6018 loader, I need to add a cab for my snow removal business. Just looking for options for cabs, and what others have made work. What are cabs worth is also a question, for a metal cab, not an all plastic cheap cab, the metal framed ones, maybe the metal frame with canvas door prices also?

Would it be modifying the mounting areas, fender and hood area, to make them fit, or is more things to modify for them to fit? I was thinking of needing to modify the gaps and mounting areas around fenders, hood, foot areas, or would there be a lot more work, is it worth modifying a different cab to fit on the Case tractors?

Thanks
When I am making something I try to look at everyday items to see how they could be modified into the project I am considering. Several months ago I had to replace my washing machine and when the delivery guys were carting it away I said to my self the cabinet around the base of the washing machine would be a great start for a tractor cab. It was taken away rather quickly but if you were making a cab I would consider looking at this for a start for teh back of the cab.

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I saw a couple cabs for sale, most if not all are from Cub Cadets, so was thinking of trying one for my Case. I know one said was a steel Sims from 1811 or 782 Cub Cadet, there is also a pic of a nice looking cab with metal doors, that one looks really nice actually, not sure what it was from. I am thinking of calling to see what I could get either one for, but wondered if would be worth trying to make it fit, they are about 400 miles from me also, would have to figure that price into it also. I'm looking for it to be use on my 1975 Case 446, so that could make the job harder to make work, the taller tractor compared to a short Cub Cadet. What do you think would be a decent price for a cab, the Sims looks is metal with metal doors and glass all around, it is faded, but looks like solid metal on it. The other cab looks really nice, it is all metal with glass all around, it is a gloss black and looks like roof might be fiberglass actually, that one looks really nice shape and clean, and is bigger than the Sims. I'm thinking the black one might be better, but not sure if would actually fit better either, I'll try and get some pics to post here later, that would help you guys out a lot more than trying to describe them.

· Registered
147 Posts

Those old Cub cabs work well....the only part that does not fit VERY well is the rear where it meets the fenders and behind the seat area.
Also, any of the old JD cabs would work too....just not PERFECT fit. The 300 series cabs have a cutout for fuel refill which doesnt apply to us and the fitment of the rear section as I already noted.
HEY....stick some insulation back there and you have it sealed! hahaha

· Registered
352 Posts

Bought a John Deere cab for $60, did some fabrication and made it fit. Still not finished with the doors, but it does look very close to an original Case cab.

Lengthened the front supports.

Shortened the back section.

Reinstalled on the tractor.

There was more fab work to do making the doors and front panel (below the windshield) than making the cab fit the tractor. These cabs are all very similar and fairly simple to make work.

· Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Here are those 2 cabs I was wondering about, let me know which would work better on a 1975 446 and 1991 6018 Loader tractor, thanks.

UGH I can't get them to post again, I keep doing something wrong, whomever is it that does these corrections, please and then pm me what I can't get to work right please thanks

(Fixed. You have to copy what imageshack calls "direct link" and click the little pic of the mountain for Insert Image. - Bill.H)

· Registered
352 Posts

My neighbor just put out a JD 318 on the side of the road to sell. It has a complete and excellent condition cab that is labelled International Harvester. All white in color with yellow curtain style doors. This is another version of the cabs that are nearly identical to the Case cabs. He will sell it separately and he is asking $300. If anyone is interested, I can probably pick it up for a better price. Should be a very simple mod to make it work on a Case/Ingersoll.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts