Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

CASE 210 garden Tractor - $200 (South Lyon)
Date: 2011-04-29, 5:18PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I have a case 210 (same as the 220 but it is a gear shift instead of a hydro)

The tractor is in great shape
It could probably use a seat, the metal dish is there, and I have a pad sitting there to sit on.
3 speed gear shift
10 horse Kohler (solid iron engine)
This thing is more powerful than the 20 horse engines you can get at sears or home depot now.

very heavy duty tractor.

has snow/dozer plow blade but no mower deck. The rear tires on the tractor do not come with it, I have the original turf tires in great shape I will be putting back on there.. The original turf tires I filled with windshield washer fluid so they weigh about 60 pounds each, to hugely increase traction.

Make me an offer.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0

PostingID: 2353633899

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I completely agree that you can't go wrong with the price.

However............................

This is an example..... a very good example..........of how NOT to sell a tractor.

When I first looked at the ad, my eyes went instantly to the photo. I realized that he was offering a 1976 Sunset 210.. Cool... you don't see many of those and it would make a great collector tractor. Then I saw the Ag's and weights on the rear and thought "WOW, this is a smokin' deal. Those two items alone are worth more than the asking price.

From there, I proceeded to read the ad and discovered that the Ags do not go with the tractor and that was an instant letdown. He makes no mention of the weights one way or the other so now the reader has to wonder if those are part of the deal or not.

OK....I don't blame him for not wanting to let those items go but for all the time it would take to yank them off the tractor and put the wheels on that he wants to let go with the tractor, that would have been the SMART thing to do. Don't take your potential BUYERS on a roller coaster ride. Present the tractor exactly the way you intend to sell it. Doing it the way you see it in this ad, just pisses people off.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Hydriv said:
OK....I don't blame him for not wanting to let those items go but for all the time it would take to yank them off the tractor and put the wheels on that he wants to let go with the tractor, that would have been the SMART thing to do. Don't take your potential BUYERS on a roller coaster ride. Present the tractor exactly the way you intend to sell it. Doing it this way just pisses people off.
My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.