Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How necessary is this garbage?
I get it with EVERY SINGLE LOGON!
Today I had to draw a box around a cat. Never seen that one before. Must have done it wrong since it made me "try again" picking out boat pics...
This is ridiculous.

·
Administrator
669 Posts
The developers are still working to find the optimum balance between preventing spammers while at the same time not hindering our legit members.

Check following the following tool/extension to help limit how often you have to deal with CAPTCHA.

FWIW I installed this extension on my Chrome browser. Once it was installed I clicked each option for tokens to prevent it from happening as much in the future.

- Cricket

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed on another forum on this format that I don't get the "captcha" crap if I don't clear browser cookies. Here I still do. It can be changed.
I don't know why a well established login still requires it. At least give me something besides bicycles - I hate those things!!

·
Administrator
6,107 Posts
What browsers are you using?
It's weird because I use several computers throughout my day and have yet to encounter this problem.
I mainly use firefox and brave as my browsers,

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,236 Posts
I get the captcha every time I log in. I also noticed also about other vs sites I do not get the captcha. I use Microsoft Edge for my browser is that matters. I've never seen the draw around the cat! LOL

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
6,107 Posts
I get the captcha every time I log in. I also noticed also about other vs sites I do not get the captcha. I use Microsoft Edge for my browser is that matters. I've never seen the draw around the cat! LOL

Keep the Peace
Harry
Harry,
Have you done this thing? I've not had to use it, but it also supports Brave, and Chrome

·
Administrator
2,236 Posts
I looked at it and saw it specifically did not say Microsoft Edge so I didn't download it.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Administrator
6,107 Posts
I looked at it and saw it specifically did not say Microsoft Edge so I didn't download it.

Keep the Peace
Harry
If you click the link that Cricket provided and click one of the 2 links in there,
It'll say if you can add it to edge,, something like, "add to edge or microsoft edge"

I just added to my brave browser, but since I wasn't having a problem,, It's on, but still not seeing capcha come up,,,

·
Administrator
2,236 Posts
I didn't realize that I also had Google Chrome on the desktop. My wife showed me where it was. If you don't know something just ask her, she probably knows the answer. If you don't believe me just ask her. LOL.
Anyways Chrome let me on without the captcha and I also got to see the brilliant colorful header! I guess I'll use Chrome from now on.

Keep the Peace
Harry

·
Registered
519 Posts
How necessary is this garbage?
I get it with EVERY SINGLE LOGON!
Today I had to draw a box around a cat. Never seen that one before. Must have done it wrong since it made me "try again" picking out boat pics...
This is ridiculous.
Capcha is a pain I agree. I find questions and answers which I use on my site much better. Having to do it on each logon must be just something broken in the site software. I’m sure they’ll fix it eventually.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chrome here, but I'm not downloading extensions over it.
It's NOT the browser's fault.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Chrome here, but I'm not downloading extensions over it.
It's NOT the browser's fault.
I am on chrome and have not had this problem. BUT then again I am here enough that I leave a window to the site open, and have not been asked to log in.

Cheers,
Gordy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts