Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a 108 for my collection. Needs a ton of work but I think I can get it done someday.
It came with a decent mower deck and new or never used snowblower.
I will need to locate an original engine or similar replacement.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
They have been almost totally overlooked on every other forum. Only a few collectors have not turned up their noses at them. I am trying to bring greater awareness to the little guys so that more and more of them can be saved. People are often amazed with them once they get one operating.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
Well I finally got a 108 for my collection. Needs a ton of work but I think I can get it done someday.
Hi Mjoe,
glad to hear you picked it up. Those vertical shaft Briggs are easy to come by cheap. Since mine came with the wrong engine anyway, I swapped in a nice 11hp that my neighbor gave me. It was a direct bolt-in with the exception of having to tweak the stock muffler to clear the cutout in the hood. The exhaust port is farther from the crank centerline than on the lower hp engines. Did it come with the gas tank? In the pics it looks like the PO was using the engine-mounted tank on whatever he put in it. I have pondered buying a 'caster a few times when they come up for sale as there are a couple spots along a retaining wall where it would come in handy. I always resist, however, since I can't stand to think of taking it out in the snow. Maybe after its shine starts to dull and it gets some battle scars. :mrgreen: With all the sudden interest in these little guys, I wonder how long it will take before one of the members finds a 107, 117 or Black Knight 118? Or even one of those Ingy silver-hood YTs from 1987? There are a few relatively rare machines from that bloodline. Heck, if one were to collect only those machines, they could have a hell of a variety in their collection without going broke. Good luck with your new find,
John

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hydriv said:
Was that 108 listing posted on this site?
It was a Craigslist posting that was posted by a member. :thumbsup: to him. I've been looking for one a long time but they were always to far away.
On my way to get it in Hicksville I saw a Case VAC, CASE 400b, Case 800, CASE 1070, and a 1975 444 with a blower sit'n in a yard all rusty but appeared to be in use still.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tanandorange said:
Mjoe7 said:
Hi Mjoe,
glad to hear you picked it up. Those vertical shaft Briggs are easy to come by cheap. Since mine came with the wrong engine anyway, I swapped in a nice 11hp that my neighbor gave me. It was a direct bolt-in with the exception of having to tweak the stock muffler to clear the cutout in the hood. The exhaust port is farther from the crank centerline than on the lower hp engines. Did it come with the gas tank? In the pics it looks like the PO was using the engine-mounted tank on whatever he put in it. I have pondered buying a 'caster a few times when they come up for sale as there are a couple spots along a retaining wall where it would come in handy. I always resist, however, since I can't stand to think of taking it out in the snow. Maybe after its shine starts to dull and it gets some battle scars. :mrgreen: With all the sudden interest in these little guys, I wonder how long it will take before one of the members finds a 107, 117 or Black Knight 118? Or even one of those Ingy silver-hood YTs from 1987? There are a few relatively rare machines from that bloodline. Heck, if one were to collect only those machines, they could have a hell of a variety in their collection without going broke. Good luck with your new find,
John
Yes it came with the gas tank. :thumbup:
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
Yes it came with the gas tank. :thumbup:
Thanks for the info.
You're welcome. One word of caution, though. Stay with the old L-head engines. I had a 14HP OHV engine that the same neighbor gave me (I've got great neighbors, man I love this town :thumbup: ) but there wasn't enough clearance since the valve cover makes the engine too long to fit behind the grill. All is good though, I traded the OHV engine to another neighbor for a 1968 195. :mrgreen:
John

·
Registered
568 Posts
That would make sense, I think he has the most complete collection of demonstrators. Does anyone know if the 118 was the only LT that was available as a BK? I've never seen a 107, 117 or 108 version. Also, were there any Golden Demonstrator LTs? I've never seen one of those either.
John

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
My understanding of the Case Demonstrator Program is this. Individual dealers could order and model of lawn or garden tractor they wanted to, in Demonstrator trim. Case kept no known records regarding which models, which serial numbers and how many became Demo's. If someone chose to create a 117 Demo, no one could refute that tractor as being fake until such time a verifiable, original 117 Demo turned up and it was different. Lastly, I think that the Demo program started in 1971 but my memory is fuzzy on that issue.

As for GD's, I have not seen anything OTHER than 444 and 446 tractors. Whether there was ever a 200 GD or not is a guess that I'm not prepared to make.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Crap, I should have painted my T-444 black and called it a BK T-444............... then put a price tag on it of $20K........ :facepalm:

Nah, I couldn't do that, good thought though........ :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.