Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been protecting a good 120 that was my grandfathers for at least 10 years.always planned on a real thorough restoration and still do when I can devote $ to it. Fortunately it has been stored indoors for at least 35 years(about as long as I can remember). I know it was '66 only, anyone know how many were made? Mine's #181, (9608181) , Just curious. Also why did some have 5 bolt hubs and some 4 bolt like mine? I always assumed if weights were needed they changed to 5 bolt because the 4 bolt have no holes for weight bolts. Any info would be cool.
Thanks

·
Site Founder
1,801 Posts
It appears you have an early 120. The 4 lugs were on the early models and the 5 lugs were on the later tractors. Yours should also have a large ignition switch.

If you care to contact Jim Daenzer he can tell you where you fall in production. I have 9608258, and that was the earliest on the registry until now.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
First of all, welcome to the group.

I see that you have been here since last Saturday evening, so I hope that you have had a chance to take a good look around and do some reading. Your 120 was made for one year only and that is 1966. There are no known production records for anything made by Case between 1965 and 1972. About all we have to go on is what it says in the Parts Manual. Page 19 seems to support your contention that the numbering began with 9608000. Therefore, it is conceivable that you own number 181. Further examination of the manual shows a serial number split on page 15 between 9608300 and 9608301. That would indicate that at least 301 units were built but the book does not reveal the number of the last one down the assembly line.

In 1965, the 130 model came with 4 bolt wheels. Case was famous for using up existing inventory. My guess is that the 120 ended up with the 4 bolt rims and then the switch was made to 5 bolt. I am pretty sure that I've seen 4 bolt wheel weights on a Case but I cannot find anything on paper to back me up. The manual tells us that both bolt patterns were available but there is no "before and after" serial numbers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your information. What you said about the 4 bolt wheels being used up makes perfect sence to me. I always planned to refurbish this tractor to look perfect and new once again but never seem to be able to prioritize it. Riding my two girls (4 and 7) around letting them steer as my grandfather did with me has rekindled this desire. I'm hoping to get my two younger brothers on board and combine our efforts and finances. We'll see.
You mentioned a registry, I have not found that on here.
Thank you again,
Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.