Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a Case 120 and its purchase completes my 100 series collection.

I knew the rear axle was not the original but a replacement and it didn't come with the hubs so I brought the hubs from a MTD 860 and some Case wheels with me but Sam insisted that the rear end was not bolted in but mocked up for the pics - she was right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300598310935?ru=http%3A%2F

This is after I got it home and reassembled it so it could be rolled around, its going to be missing a few misc pieces but I'm not worried about it right now.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
So your the one! I was watching that thing on ebay and was real close to bidding on it. I am very glad you got it. Good luck! You need to post a picture of your line up. That's great! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Hey Caseman, does the steering wheel on that 120 have the grip ridges like a 155, or is it smooth like a 130? I'm looking to buy a new one for my 120, but the parts manuals for 130/120/155 all show the same part number, when we know they weren't the same.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Phaon said:
Hey Caseman, does the steering wheel on that 120 have the grip ridges like a 155, or is it smooth like a 130? I'm looking to buy a new one for my 120, but the parts manuals for 130/120/155 all show the same part number, when we know they weren't the same.

Chris
Chris the steering wheel is smooth all the way around, Steve Guider told me that there is a steering wheel out there for an Oliver that is correct... but you have to file on the splines as they are not the same (the spline is 11/16 instead of 3/4 and you will need a 3 pointed file to finese the teeth to work) , and they can be bought here. But check with Steve first to make sure this is the correct wheel.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 1141248841
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Caseman2 said:
Phaon said:
Hey Caseman, does the steering wheel on that 120 have the grip ridges like a 155, or is it smooth like a 130? I'm looking to buy a new one for my 120, but the parts manuals for 130/120/155 all show the same part number, when we know they weren't the same.

Chris
Chris the steering wheel is smooth all the way around, Steve Guider told me that there is a steering wheel out there for an Oliver that is correct... but you have to file on the splines as they are not the same (the spline is 11/16 instead of 3/4 and you will need a 3 pointed file to finese the teeth to work) , and they can be bought here. But check with Steve first to make sure this is the correct wheel.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format ... 1141248841
For your information.

I now have reproduction steering wheels that will fit out of the box for the Colt Super H, Rancher 10/12, Case 130, 180, 120, 150, 190 and T90, no longer a need to file, grind, ream out a spline to make one fit, this one fits, it is also shinier than the original and not as dull looking, reference Ebay Item# 110748981188 to see the picture of it, it costs a little more, but I also have to pay more to get them to fit.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oldcasecoltguy said:
For your information.

I now have reproduction steering wheels that will fit out of the box for the Colt Super H, Rancher 10/12, Case 130, 180, 120, 150, 190 and T90, no longer a need to file, grind, ream out a spline to make one fit, this one fits, it is also shinier than the original and not as dull looking, reference Ebay Item# 110748981188 to see the picture of it, it costs a little more, but I also have to pay more to get them to fit.

Thanks
Thanks Jim that will be a time saver and make restorations a little easier.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top