Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the reasonable upper limit for additional weight on the front end of a CASE 190? I am finding that the front end of the tractor wants to go in a straight line when pulling something heavy, such as a garden implement or the D1600 tiller.

Is there a specification or design for a weight tray for this tractor? Steel weights will be cut from plate.

·
Administrator
8,284 Posts
HI Guy
The older Tractors used D-10 wheel weights, in the 70's there was a front weight bracket for keeping the front end on the ground
You could use one wheel weight and use up to 4 of them, I think the weights were around 65 pounds a piece
Check out some early 400 tractors for the bracket in the parts manuals , The link below page 69 list the parts and there a drawing of the bracket on page 68 check it out.:thumbup:
http://manuals.casecoltingersoll.com/PartsManuals/Case 444 Parts Manual D1135_watermarked.pdf
You might want to do a search on Google, something like "front weights on Case tractors" with pictures for some ideas.:fingerscrossed:
2 t0 3 hundred pounds should keep your front wheels on the ground.:mowlawn:
Hope this post help you out, I've seen some nice home built brackets made by guys right here on this site, happy hunting.
do a site search as well. :thumbup:

bigman :gums:

·
Registered
874 Posts
I had a 190 at one time - I seem to recall it had 1" diameter front axles (as opposed to the 3/4 on my 4018). I have put 4 - 42 lb suitcase weights on the front of the 4018 with no apparent issues. Seems like you could do even more on the 190 with the heavier axles.

With respect, Willy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts