Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
So, Over the weekend I managed to source out a 1967 Case 195, which I've been looking and watching for.

It's absolutely complete, includes mower deck and tiller. Comes with factory hydraulics, includes the original muffler and seats and a few extras, ie spare hydraulic pump and other goodies,,

I'm quite interested and waiting for pictures of it. Expensive but we'll see,,,
Automotive design Gas Motor vehicle Rectangle Machine
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle
Automotive lighting Yellow Lighting Wood Sports equipment

And, the absolute best part,, my Grandson, playing in PeeWee tripple A provincials, (13 yr old) team just won the title for the year!!! HoLA Grandson's stats, in 5 games, 25 goals and 15 assists, 3 time outs in the rest box.

·
Administrator
8,358 Posts
Wow great pick up, I'll bet you will like the old girl, lots of goodies.
The Leafs could use some help, by the time your Grandson gets old enough he might get them going.
Just have to ask Did he have a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, sense he scored had some assists and spent sometime in the box,:deadhorse: he sound like a good candidate for both.:canada:
Great find and enjoy your tractor and your Hockey Player.:thumbsup:

bigman :usa:
bigger Red Wing's Fan :clap:

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow great pick up, I'll bet you will like the old girl, lots of goodies.
The Leafs could use some help, by the time your Grandson gets old enough he might get them going.
Just have to ask Did he have a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, sense he scored had some assists and spent sometime in the box,:deadhorse: he sound like a good candidate for both.:canada:
Great find and enjoy your tractor and your Hockey Player.:thumbsup:

bigman :usa:
bigger Red Wing's Fan :clap:
Yep, he got his hat trick,, for anyone interested, here's a pretty good spread about kadyn Chabot in the local paper. Sounds a bit biased, but trust me, we have no connections or affiliations to the reporter or the newspaper.

http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...s-in-tier-2-provincial-championship-1.1799091

He's currently ranked in the top 20th in western Canada and doing pretty good. He had his first interview the day prior to this article,,

Anyways, so much for the fun stuff.

Now, to the tractor, by the end of the day today, I have to make a decision on this Case 195. Apparently, it's currently all original, the seat, steering wheel and mufflers are toast, but the owner managed to find a guy down in Wisconsin that was pretty good at making reproductions. So, he does have a new reproduced seat and a the reproduced muffler I've posted. He has also located an original steering wheel to replace the one that is cracked.

He does have a set of original case weights to go along with the unit, (I think they are D10's, but not 100% on this). The tiller, has seen some usage, but the tines are still fairly blunt and the upper halfs still has paint on it, so it sounds a pretty decent shape. I don't know the condition of the original deck that goes with it as well.

The motor, apparently a 14 hp Kohler,, and from sitting around, the fuel line has deteriorated and is falling apart,, so I don't know the current condition/shape of the motor. By the looks of the pictures, it doesn't look like a rust bucket and the paint, although spotty, would seem to indicate some wear but perhaps not several thousands of hours worth. Not knowing much about kohlers', are these motors still rebuild-able if required? I think sevral weeks ago, I saw a link to a firm down in the eastern states that rebuild both Onan's and Kohler's. I wasn't paying much attention at the time.

What about parts? are they still available? It would seem they are maybe not to bad, as I see Joe's outdoors is currently parting out 2 of them, 1 of which, was mainly black, (not sure if there's any significance of a "black one", looks nice thought)

Case 195's would seem to be about the same size as a 446? Looks like the weight roughly the same.

Anything special, or pitfalls to watch for on these tractors? Lastly, if I decide to get this guy, well it'll be another 30ish hour return road trip,, so it isn't that close. I might try Canadian Freight Ways again like my other 446, but we'll see about that. I think my biggest problem would be, everything doesn't fit in the box of my truck, so it means a trailer, which I don't have, so when I throw in a trailer rental, fuel there and back, maybe an overnight at a hotel,, shipping via CFW seems cheap in comparison to me spending all the time behind the wheel. Anyways, 1 step at a time,, .

Thanks

Lionel

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Lionel, the 195 is the same as a 442, just older, 12 hp Kohler was the standard engine. The seat muffler and steering wheel are all readily available here from guys on this forum (Guider and Daenzer) Parts are pretty easy to come by for these tractors.

dave

·
Registered
973 Posts
Way to go Lionel , even if you don't work the 195 they are a real piece of eye candy , a nice paint job and some ag lugs on those 16's (rear) and you will turn heads everywhere you take the old girl . jmho

later ---oldfrank---:welding::canada:

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, so been moving forward on this, he's pretty sure he has a deck with it and he'll confirm that tomorrow. Providing it includes the deck, then I'll go for it,

Included in the package is a set of original wheel weights, tiller, hopefully a deck, new muffler and seat, replacement steering wheel, extra pump, metal fan blade, case 195, replacement throttle and choke cable, and a box of muffler pipe, plastic spindle caps, and a bunch of other stuff, including a blade that'll fit my other 446, new front tires,

Wood Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive wheel system
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Tire
Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Wood Musical instrument accessory Gas Tints and shades

·
Administrator
8,358 Posts
That is the same deck as my 442, I hope you get the front mounting hardware with it, I will bet it's wore out and needs bushing in every hole
It was not there best work or design and why they designed the new snap/fast system, thank goodness:clap:
Great news on the wheel weights too, there worth big bucks.
You cant beat the round headlight years, I don't have one yet but I will someday, have to get it by the warden she would know it's new to the fleet.

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is the same deck as my 442, I hope you get the front mounting hardware with it, I will bet it's wore out and needs bushing in every hole
It was not there best work or design and why they designed the new snap/fast system, thank goodness:clap:
Great news on the wheel weights too, there worth big bucks.
You cant beat the round headlight years, I don't have one yet but I will someday, have to get it by the warden she would know it's new to the fleet.
Thank you, hopefully this is an indication of the wear, the front holes on where the snap fast now is located, seem to show very little, or next to nothing for wear, Looks like still evidence of paint in there,

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Gas Circle Automotive wheel system Auto part
Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Circle

Bigman, would you mind snapping a couple pictures of your mower and the mounting hardware? I want to make sure I get everything with it, he says it's all complete, but just want to make sure,

Lastly, Can I ask a moderator to correct the tittle for this post, Could I have it read,

Case 195 1967 model, serial #9621127

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder,

Can someone confirm that the G44 mower deck, is the correct deck for a 195?

Reason I ask is, if you look closely at the mower deck picture, it shows a modification where the wheels are attached, which makes me wonder,
Gas Font Wire Wood Brick

On this picture, there appears to be brackets bolted to the bottom of the tractor, just behind the cast front axle, is this the brackets to mount the mower to?

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
that exhaust is mint. i would have something like that either .. jet-hot powder coated. that is a really nice project :) i can't wait to watch these come apart and go back to gether. thanks for posting pic

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
The G44 is for the newer (1969 and 1970) tractors.. (Still pre snap fast) that 195 needs an E44 to be correct.. but if you get the rest of it, I am betting it will work.. I have a G46 for my 1970 444 and I have never tried hooking it up to my 195..

Dave

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been scratching my head over this thing for several days, I can't figure out what it might be, based off the parts manual. In some of the pictures, I can see where aprts of it is painted the case orange color.

Is there some sort of item that can be mounted under the seat? I've cropped a picture so you can see what I'm refer at,

What is that handle thing, looks partially home made, but uner there, it's painted orange, Hood Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 20 of 257 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.