Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just put implement lever, the drive belt/pulleys on today. Wanted to take a test ride. Turned out to be one of those moments you'll never forget. All this work and the "F#%ker" won't come out of first. Any ideas ???

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FIXED !!! :trink: :trink:

I had taken it out to paint it, but never pulled the shifter out or anything like that.

After a little "look see" today, I figured out someone before me had. :shock: It wasn't stuck in "first" after all. It was stuck in "third". I pulled the shifter out and noticed the shifting forks weren't lining up. This tells me someone had previously pulled it apart, and didn't line them back up. :crazy: :crazy: So, when I tried shifting out of "first", I actually pushed it into "third", but, because the shifter wasn't in the fork, I couldn't get it back out.

Something is still screwed up though, I have to figure out why it bogs in "third" and "fourth", might need a new belt. It makes some weird noises. I was surprised how fast it is in "reverse". Almost hit a storage rack in the garage. :facepalm: Can't figure out why I would ever need "fisrt", I've never seen anything geared this slow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
FIRST gear on those 210's is really great for tilling, and, having had a blower on one at one time, just putting it in gear and letting it creep, you find out that NOTHING seems to stand in its way. It just slowly eats its way thru anything.

I was happy to see that reverse was a rocket. Excellent for snow removal work.

I just thought it a bit weird when it came to the LOCATION for second gear. Took a bit to find until you got used to it. Nice little rig actually. Yours looks excellent. A nicer looking GT has never been made!

Though, come to think of it, working on the belt tensioner setup or changing to a new belt is a little annoying. The whole setup looked like an afterthought. And, all the shafts involved get as rusty tight as the pulleys on the snowcaster and decks when you need to work on the bugger. At least the bearings are all "off the shelf" parts.

BTW, if you end up needing a tranny, I think I have two laying here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.