Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I would like to hear some feedback on this Case 220. I have been in contact with this guy several months ago and have been just waiting for the weather to break. I have to pick it up this weekend and would like to know your opinions on the machine. I have not seen it in person and do not really plan to. It comes with a deck and a front plow and the manuals.
Looks like someone got creative with the paint and the decals. I would like to work it and eventually restore it if all works out.

Here is the PO description........I bought it after it had been "freshened up" by the previous owner with some paint. Looks OK, but runs awesome and the Hydro drive is perfect, as is the lift cylinder. Small leak from the rear axle seal - I top it up in the spring with hypoid and by the end of the season it's down a 1/8 qrt but looks a mess. Steering will skip sometimes, can't see why, but drives OK. All else is good, even have all the parts and repair manuals for it too

I normally would not hesitate, but money is scarce and this deal has been on the table a long time.

Please go head and fire away :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
It looks to be complete.

It's an Armstrong model

I assume that it is a 69 PK 220

It looks very straight

If it could be bought for less than $300.00, then even I would consider it.

I think it would be an easy restoration.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hydriv said:
It looks to be complete.

It's an Armstrong model

I assume that it is a 69 PK 220

It looks very straight

If it could be bought for less than $300.00, then even I would consider it.

I think it would be an easy restoration.
I was told it is a Hydraulic lift that raises the deck and the plow.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Nut Case 2: Looks pretty nice. The sheet metal doesn't look too bad. Looks like it was stored under cover over its life time. I think you could strip it down and repaint without too much grief. It appears that it got decent care. "Has manuals" is nice to hear. You get a blade too. I think if the motor checks out, I'd be willing to pay up to about $300. Not saying that's what its worth, but that's what I would be personally willing to pay if came my way.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
67 Posts
Go for it. That way later you won't regret the one that gotta away. You can see the hydraulic valve for the lift cylinder tucked in there in one of the pix. Not sure how many early 220's had that option but you don't see many pix of the 200 series PK's, anyway so it might be a good one for the future in terms of collectability. Also looks like you could resell it on the list if things don't work out.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked it up Sunday. The motor sounds good and no smoke. I have to run it with the choke on. Will need to clean the carb and give it fresh fuel.
Eventually i was able to turn the choke off but not till it ran for a good 20 mins.

Here is a list of problems i see so far.

The steering is shot, not sure if it is the column or the other pc, or both. Is there an adjustment for this?
The hood hinge is broken on the one side.
Needs a tube in the left rear tire.
Seat pan is in fair shape and the fenders have some small bends

The lift seems to work as it should.
It came with a deck in fair shape, and also a 44 inch snow plow blade model J-54. Is that correct for this machine?

I cleaned it up a bit. Will have to clean it up some more and then check for leaks.
Will post some additional pics in a week.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The J blade is for tractors with the Snap Fast mounting system. If this tractor as not had the adaptor brackets added to the frame sides, then that plow will flop around.

Use the serial number to locate the correct parts manual in the TECH section so you can see how the steering goes together. Then go to the Op Manual section and read how to adjust the steering. You will have to determine if the teeth on the gears are badly worn or not. Make a pattern from the existing hood hinge and then make a duplicate.

Cushions are available from Jim Daenzer. See our "Where to buy stuff" FAQ.
The rest of the issues sound minor.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought that blade was for the Snap Fast. I will have to look again on the tractor. I do have some manuals for the tractor and took a fast glance at the parts for the steering. I will have to get a better look at the actual gears. Hopefully this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.