Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Pto not engaging. I thought I'd try adjustment and did some reading. My machine is 1980/81. I was expecting to find ez adjustment type, large adjusted nut. What I found was two 19mm hex nuts in front of first bearing. I couldn't find this set up in any manual. Could it be this is a DIY fix if the adjuster not is missing or if this the shim type clutch. Any help, assistance greatly appreciated. I've attached pic of set up. Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would agree that someone cobbled that together. It appears to be missing the adjusting nut and belleville washers. Who knows if it is missing the wavy washers and such. I would take it apart and compare it to an EZ clutch diagram to see what you are missing. Inspect parts( Shaft, cams and engagement arm) for wear as well.
Thanks for this confirmation. It's what I suspect, but I don't know much about these machines, just reading round me.
I'll take it apart.... Could it be possible it's a shim type with parts put together in wrong order? I'll see what I need to make it work.... I think I'm in the right place for guidance! Thanks again. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Learner,

Wow, that's quite a mess. It looks like the original EZ adjust clutch with some parts missing and others added. You will need to disassemble it and compare what parts you have to the parts breakdown for your tractor. We have all in stock to get you up and running.

Bob
www.casegardentractorparts.com
Thanks Bob. Much appreciated. Seller said for mowing light grass so I'm surmising that the clutch was slipping perhaps rather easily? Good that I can get parts! Wife giving me grief for buying old machine but I see potential! I'll lay out what's on it in order and take a pic. I'm in Northern Ireland so want to make sure I get what I need first go to save on postage. Appreciate your assistance. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts