Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys its me again yet a another 222 on my hands I figured I might as well work on it an get this one going as well I asked a few questions on the FB group that really didn’t answer my question what I needed to know.... since this one has a regulator box then a later models starter generator then a electric start on the 83 model I have ... I asked can one get that smaller regulator for these 222 then having to mount it some where else on the machine ... having to relocate something seems tacky to me which I don’t like ... I know I gotten a new harness for my 83 -222 which was awesome being other 2 I have are starter generator what are the options for electric parts for them ? Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
If I am following this, You want to use a 83 style regulator on this old starter/generator? If so the answer is NO.

The 83 style is a permanent magnet alternator in the back of the flywheel. The regulator uses a bridge rectifier to convert the AC to DC.

The old starter/generator uses electromagnets and needs a regulator that controls the electric current to create and maintain the proper magnetic field. The generator has brushes and a segmented commutator on the armature, this produces DC current without the need for a bridge rectifier.

Hope this helps,
Gordy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I am following this, You want to use a 83 style regulator on this old starter/generator? If so the answer is NO.

The 83 style is a permanent magnet alternator in the back of the flywheel. The regulator uses a bridge rectifier to convert the AC to DC.

The old starter/generator uses electromagnets and needs a regulator that controls the electric current to create and maintain the proper magnetic field. The generator has brushes and a segmented commutator on the armature, this produces DC current without the need for a bridge rectifier.

Hope this helps,
Gordy
I’m sry I kinda bunched everything together .... I gotten all new electrical for my 83 222 that I was able to get running with new parts....

I was told that the small regulator for the starter generator was NLA for those style an that I would have to get a bigger regulator an put it some where else on the machine.... I wanted to know if the electrical components for early 222 where available to get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
OK got ya.
We have 3 dealers who are active members and great guy's they can get you just about anything you may need, and helpful with advice too. Bookmark this page for future reference. Bill has many old parts tractors, and has bought the NOS stock from former CCI dealers.

Bill,Barneveld Imp.608-924-1662
www.barneveldimp.com

Brian
Salem Power Equipment
Plymouth, MI 48170
Case and Ingersoll Garden Tractors Parts
[email protected]

Bob,myerslawnandgarden
[email protected]
(815)286-3920

:cheers:
Gordy