Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1973 case 222 , kohler k301 12hp engine. mu engine mount plates sit differently on either side of the frame. On the carb side the plate has roughly 3/16-1/4 inch gap between the frame and mounting plate and the other plate (oposite side of the tractor) the engine mounting plate sits on the frame with zero gap. which one is correct? I have studied all reference materials on this site and cannot come to a conclusive answer so maybe a few members could take a peek at their tractors and let me know? thanks

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The mounting plate system is supposed to keep the engine suspended above the frame rails equally on both sides. The front PTO on the engine is often fitted with a belt to drive a mower deck or snowcaster and the belt is under tension to keep it from slipping. Your tractor is 48 years old and the rubber isolator pucks have deteriorated from heat, age and the constant downward pressure from the drive belts. The time has come to replace them. FAQ's has a "Where to buy STUFF" file. Look under "Motor Mounts".

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I'm not trying to argue here but the true condition of that set will be known once they are installed. If money is tight, then these might be OK for ten bucks plus the shipping. If you want guaranteed results, then new pucks from McMaster is the way to go. You pick your poison and then hope for the best.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Look at your MM and determine if the Mounts are sagged, if the bolt is not in the centre of the mount then you need new mounts. I would not bother with used mounts.

You should check your mount bolts into the engine as these sometimes come loose.

If money is tight then you can turn your MM upside down and that will raise the engine :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.