Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just brought home a Case ingersoll 224 with lots of wires disconnected. Looks like the guy before me said screw it! I need a diagram of the ignition switch wiring and where they go. I did get spark when motor turns but I have to manually turn switch back to cut juice. Switch does not spring back when I let go of it. It is a 4 prong. Thanks

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome to the forum, tallman2u! The diagram you seek is already here. Go back to the Board Index and scroll down to the Technical LIbrary. Click on Operators Manuals. Scroll down and click on Kohler Powered Tractors. This will give you a selection of manuals. Choose the one that covers the serial number (PIN number) range for your tractor. The wiring diagram lies within. If that does not clear it up for you, there are many knowledgeable members here that can address your specific questions. Good luck and again, welcome!

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Welcome to the site, tallman2u. Glad to have you here.

I suggest that follow Rob's advice in locating the CORRECT Op Manual for the serial number of your tractor but also you need to replace that faulty ignition switch right away before it causes you grief by engaging the starter motor all on its own while you are operating the tractor. These switches are not easy to find in the local marketplace but they can be ordered on-line from one of our fine dealers that sell replacement parts.

Here is one such dealer.
http://www.casegardentractorparts.com/elsy.html

For less than $30.00, you can have an OEM switch in your hands within a couple of days and it will be good for the next 20 plus years. Most of all, it will be the right switch for your tractor. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.