Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if someone could tell me the year of a 224 tractor. # is 9675952. Picked it up yeaterday, came with a working Sno-caster and a utility trailer. It also came with a 2 binders full of manuals. One for engine repair, and the other is tech manual. Here's a couple of pics:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Go to the FAQ's - "Find the year/model of your tractor" is the document you are looking for.

Then come back here and tell ME what year it is. :sidelaugh:

No more hand-holding and spoon-feeding. The partners spent many hundreds of hours scanning information into PDF's and putting it on the site for you guys. Accessing it is as easy as a few mouse clicks.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Stewart said:
Is there a prize for the correct answer. :headscratcher: If so I know it.

I had a 222 of that era. :thumbsup: :trink:

:canada: :drinkbuddies:
No... there is no prize. But.............. I might award a penalty against you if you reveal the year. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hydriv said:
Go to the FAQ's - "Find the year/model of your tractor" is the document you are looking for.

No more hand-holding and spoon-feeding. The partners spent many hundreds of hours scanning information into PDF's and putting it on the site for you guys. Accessing it is as easy as a few mouse clicks.
O.K. - Got that one figured out. A simple "check the FAQ's" would have been fine. :mad: :mad: :mad:

But, with all my mouse clicking and VIN #, I can't seem to find which parts manual it goes with. So, if you go into Tech Library - Parts Manuals, which manual does it go with? Once you get it, come back and tell me which manual it is. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Remember, your being tested on this, no cheating. I already know the answer.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Lil mower said:
Hydriv said:

O.K. - Got that one figured out. A simple "check the FAQ's" would have been fine. :mad: :mad: :mad: No need to be angry. :lol: Quite often when I post, I do so knowing that the thread will be read by many members. Therefore, while the message is partially directed at you, it is also directed at all the readers. We want everyone to learn how to use the Library and to acquaint themselves with what is there. One of the most common questions on any Case forum is "what year is my tractor?" followed by "what oil should I use?

But, with all my mouse clicking and VIN #, I can't seem to find which parts manual it goes with. So, if you go into Tech Library - Parts Manuals, which manual does it go with? Once you get it, come back and tell me which manual it is. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Remember, your being tested on this, no cheating. I already know the answer.
You just made my point. I sent you to the Library and you managed to find out your tractor is a 1973 and you figured out which Parts Manual you need. Now........ that wasn't so tough was it? :sidelaugh: :thumbsup: :trink:

The answer is B-1255.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The answer is B-1255.

I see that this 224 is not mentioned in the Index but I had to open the manual to find that it covered the 224.

Bytch, bytch bytch. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

You'll have to get that fixed. :thumbsup: :trink:

:canada: :drinkbuddies: :wave: :trink:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
You are right. It was not there. It should have been. I'd like to blame Chuck but most likely it was an oversight on my part in my rush to populate the Library months back. In any event.... it is now repaired.

When our members talk, we listen and then we take action. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Lil mower if you can get a petition together with enough signatures we can put it to the forum owners and maybe get that grouchy cuss banned off here.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase.
We were kind of lacking in northeasterners around here.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Bill H. can split it up.

What's an appropriate title for the new subject line?

- The problem with Newbie

- Newbies R us

- Teaching a Newbie how to "fetch".

- The Newbie and the Showgirl

- Once upon a Newbie

- Newbie does Dallas

- Newbies for DUMMIES

- How many Newbies does it take to change the oil in a Case?

- CSI - Newbie style

- The Newbie's of Orange County

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
OH! Poor Hilda.

No, the problem was I loved them ALL so much I couldn't pick one and leave the others out! That would be like asking Hilda to pick which of her great-grandchildren :eek: she likes best! :crazy:

:sidelaugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.