Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Billygoat said:
If it had the 6-pak hood scoop, it would be even rarer. :sidelaugh: Actually, what scares me most is that it looks like it has sat in that one spot for quite a while.
BG: Looks like it was the owner's snow plowing tractor. I hate when tractors are stored outside.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
877 Posts
I don't like storing them outside either. I have had to do so in the past, but I would park them on pallets and then tarp them up well enough that the elements wouldn't get to them. They would still get started up and driven around every couple of weeks.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Still trying to figure out the blade mount though. All in all, if the tractor/engine checks out. it wouldn't be too bad a deal at the starting price, that's also assuming the transplant was done correctly. I've seen worse looking for more money.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill.H said:
Hmmm a 440 would fit in the numbering scheme if it was 10HP. A 20HP should be a 450. :trink:
SWEET! :thumbsup: I have thought of doing a custom 226 with that model number or 454 and using a 20 or 24 hp Onan.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
Bill.H said:
Hmmm a 440 would fit in the numbering scheme if it was 10HP. A 20HP should be a 450. :trink:
SWEET! :thumbsup: I have thought of doing a custom 226 with that model number or 454 and using a 20 or 24 hp Onan.
You'd be looking at a 230 or 234, but we're on the same page ... I've toyed with the idea of getting a 451 (I have a Kawasaki 21 in a 446) made up for when I repaint my hood :crazy:
As a matter of fact, I almost used Case451 as my ID here, but stuck with the one I had on Chuck's old forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.