Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an older Case 442 worth buying if there are no implements with it. Not even the mower deck. I've been looking around and reading that the non Snap Fast pin implements are more difficult to find. I've also read something about a snap fast pin kit that can be bought, but don't know if this true, or how much work is involved.

Wrapping up 210 resto and looking for next project (toy).

Mike

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Series F and Series G implements do show up on e-Bay, Craigslist and Kijiji every now and then.

However, Case did make an adapter kit that allowed the Snap Fast implements to have a firm anchoring point. Those kits have not been available from Ingersoll for many years. They are not all that difficult to duplicate. There was one kit for the Lo Pro's and one for the Hi Wheel models. Perhaps one of our members can make a drawing for you.

A 442 PK model would be highly desirable in my opinion. I'd love to own one myself. Keep in mind that 442's were only made for three years and many of them have disappeared off of the landscape. They are getting tougher to find so saving one from death would be a good idea.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Lil mower said:
Is an older Case 442 worth buying if there are no implements with it. Not even the mower deck. I've been looking around and reading that the non Snap Fast pin implements are more difficult to find. I've also read something about a snap fast pin kit that can be bought, but don't know if this true, or how much work is involved.

Wrapping up 210 resto and looking for next project (toy). Mike
I might be able to rustle you up a deck and maybe a caster....does this tractor have the hydraulic lift kit on the side?I have 2 444PK's and they are sweet looking tractors...very simple and stripped down.PM me if you are interested....I am up in Maine :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.