Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some post on here it looks like I need a block from a case tractor but can someone tell me if it matters what it came out of its a k321a block. I have a engine that's real tired and I'm considering finding a bare block and building a fresh motor

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
Welcome aboard Bigguy651 !!! Great to have you here. Please tell us what model of tractor you have and a little about it. I believe you're dealing with a Kohler, which have rebuild kits available and plenty of dealers on here that can help with parts. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Enjoy the site
Capt Dan

·
Administrator
2,841 Posts
Welcome

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Detailed instructions can be found here --> https://casecoltingersoll.com/showthread.php/89291-How-to-add-location-to-your-profile

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. 👍
The search box is on the TOP of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,449 Posts
Welcome aboard Bigguy651!

Any K321 block will work as long as it is a K321a, the "a" is what indicates the modified oil base which is what Case used. The standard K321 that uses a 2 quart oil base will not work for your application.

Please keep us in mind for any parts needed!

Bob

www.casegardentractorparts.com
Myers Lawn and Garden
247 W. Lincoln Ave.
Hinckley, IL 60520 USA
(815)286-3920
[email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard Bigguy651!

Any K321 block will work as long as it is a K321a, the "a" is what indicates the modified oil base which is what Case used. The standard K321 that uses a 2 quart oil base will not work for your application.

Please keep us in mind for any parts needed!

Bob

www.casegardentractorparts.com
Myers Lawn and Garden
247 W. Lincoln Ave.
Hinckley, IL 60520 USA
(815)286-3920
[email protected]
Thank you kindly that's exactly what I needed to know

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you had a K321 block Bob, with the 2 quart base, could you take the two quart base off the block and install the A modified base on to that block. ?

Noel

·
Registered
544 Posts
Why not reuse your block? Have it bored one 0.010 over what it is now. My k321 on the 224 was at 0.030 over so I was forced to get another block.

After I rebuilt it, no smoke whatsoever!

There's a full thread on my rebuild here if you are interested.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,449 Posts
If you had a K321 block Bob, with the 2 quart base, could you take the two quart base off the block and install the A modified base on to that block. ?

Noel
No, the blocks are entirely different. I have seen adapters made to accomplish what you are thinking but it would make more sense to just get the right block unless someone just happened to already have one that they wanted to use.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to build a engine before I pull the old one out so I don't have down time. I only use it for snowblowing and was hoping to get this season yet before rebuilding it but it just make power anymore . Im just brainstorming to come up with the best plan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts