Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they come with either 10 or 13 tooth bendix drive gear. Old one is 13 tooth. I imagine the 10 tooth is smaller diameter and will not engage the ring gear fully. Saw used one on e-bay with 10 tooth, said it was from 444. Did they use different gears in different years?
Chris

·
Tractor Whisper
3,703 Posts
Chris as for I know 10 tooth is right one. To check thing out I need numbers off engine plate Tractor serial number also help. 13 spline drive more common on vertical shaft engines. On K321- there like 100 different model numbers I think case used one high speed models 3600 rpm or 3750 rpm I'm interest in this info because one day I have 444.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to a guy who buys scrap GT's today and the best he could say is what condition are the existing 13 teeth in? They are in excellent condition, though the starter armature and stator are barnacles, so I ordererd a Wilson for $140 to get here Monday. There were lots of cheaper ones available on the internet, but the shipping to Canada put them at $120 anyway, and this way I keep a local company going. I will write the engine numbers here tomorrow if there is further discussion, but the partsman did cross reference the numbers i gave him over the phone as I brought up the tooth number with him first, because he did have 10 tooth in stock.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.