Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was running my case 444 for about an hour, and just like that it wouldn’t go anymore with me sitting on it, I had to get off of it and push the forward handle to park it, it would not go with me on it anymore, I checked the fluid and it was full, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts
(Originally Posted in the wrong place -- you don't need help with the website...)

So it creeps along but not with you in the seat? Did I understand that correctly?

Did you try reverse? (Of course you did...)
Does the mid-lift still function? (Raise and Lower deck?)

If you still have hydraulics I would check the TCV linkages next.
Then you need to check the spool valve travel depth on the TCV.
You can search this site for lots of posts about both of these topics.

You did not say what you were doing for the hour before this happened. If you were doing fall yard work and going "off-lawn" maybe it's as simple as you picked up some debris in the linkage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(Originally Posted in the wrong place -- you don't need help with the website...)

So it creeps along but not with you in the seat? Did I understand that correctly?

Did you try reverse? (Of course you did...)
Does the mid-lift still function? (Raise and Lower deck?)

If you still have hydraulics I would check the TCV linkages next.
Then you need to check the spool valve travel depth on the TCV.
You can search this site for lots of posts about both of these topics.

You did not say what you were doing for the hour before this happened. If you were doing fall yard work and going "off-lawn" maybe it's as simple as you picked up some debris in the linkage.
Thank you for answering my response, what I was doing for an hour is pushing branches and brush on a pile from some cut down trees and branches, also pushing a little dirt, it was working real good and just like that it wouldn’t go no more unless I got off of it, the plow blade did go up yet, as for a deck, it doesn’t have a mowing deck, I hope I can figure out what is wrong with it real soon because snow is just around the corner and I need it to plow my driveway, I hope I can get the problem resolved real soon, thanks again for answering me.
Allen

·
Administrator
6,545 Posts
Thank you for answering my response, what I was doing for an hour is pushing branches and brush on a pile from some cut down trees and branches, also pushing a little dirt, it was working real good and just like that it wouldn’t go no more unless I got off of it, the plow blade did go up yet, as for a deck, it doesn’t have a mowing deck, I hope I can figure out what is wrong with it real soon because snow is just around the corner and I need it to plow my driveway, I hope I can get the problem resolved real soon, thanks again for answering me.
Allen
Allen,By chance,
The transfer case didn't get shifted into neutral? It has a high gear, low gear, and in the middle is neutral, commonly used to push around by hand otherwise, it's a brute to push around. Working around branches and stuff, it could happen,

·
Registered
896 Posts
Have you tried it again since it has sat a while and cooled down?
I'm wondering if the oil got so hot from working it "hard' that it started slipping by the hydraulic motor - I hypothesize that trying to explain why it won't move with you on it but will move with you walking alongside pushing the lever (if I read that right).
Willy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried it again since it has sat a while and cooled down?
I'm wondering if the oil got so hot from working it "hard' that it started slipping by the hydraulic motor - I hypothesize that trying to explain why it won't move with you on it but will move with you walking alongside pushing the lever (if I read that right).
Willy
You were so right. I tried it today and it worked fine just like before that happened, thanks so much for your knowledge and input.

·
Administrator
2,934 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts