Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/grd/2343438157.html

CLASSIC CASE PACKAGE - $2500 (ATLANTIC COUNTY)
Date: 2011-04-24, 10:41AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
A TRUE CLASSIC..1980 CASE MODEL 444 COMPACT TRACTOR, HYDRAULIC DRIVE, CAT. 0 3 POINT HITCH, KOHLER CAST IRON 14 HORSE POWERHOUSE, TRACTOR HAS BRAND NEW RUBBER ALL AROUND, WITH BALLAST IN REARS. COMES WITH MOWER DECK, FRONT HYDRAULIC PUSH BLADE, 5' REAR GRADER BLADE, BRINLY SINGLE BOTTOM PLOW, & BRINLY CULTIVATOR. THESE TRACTORS LAST FOREVER, QUALITY BUILT, AND THIS ONE IS ORIGINAL; EXCEPT FOR DRESS-UP PAINT. DON'T MISS OUT!!

Pictures:

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2343438157

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
The saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" comes to mind with this listing.

What does this tractor represent to you? Are you buying it to put it to work or are you buying a collectible Sunset tractor? To me, that is what makes the difference when it comes to value.

From a collector point of view, I see an excellent example of a 1972 or very early 73 444. The tin is all straight and the tractor looks 100 percent complete and correct to even the muffler. However, this is the equivalent of the Saturday night bar-Cougar that looks really "hot" in the dimness of the establishment but when you wake up the next day with the new morning sun streaming through your bedroom window, you wonder what the hell you were thinking the night before.

The paintwork looks passable in the photos but this is far, far away from show quality. Therefore, most collectors would strip this baby butt naked and start over. The same applies to every attachment shown.

Changing to the other perspective, none of the above really matters because you are going to mess up all that pretty paint anyway so things like overspray, paint on dirt or rust etc don't really come into play.

Either way, I think that the "Tale of the Tape" (boxing parlance) will tell the story about value.

- blade $250.00

- Brinly 3 pt turning plow $150.00

- Brinly spring-tooth 3pt harrow - $150.00

- 3 pt hich - $400.00

- 3 pt back blade - $300.00

- 1972 Case 444 with H-series 48" deck in nice shape - $800.00

Gross value $2050.00

I think that Randy's valuation of $1800.00 tops....as a package deal is pretty much on the money. This tractor does need the correct, G series side mounted PTO valve for it so that a tiller could be used. The Brinly stuff is first-rate and it is not easy to find excellent 3 pt hitch models. What the final value turns out to be will get decided when someone shows up with a fist full of Benji's along with a trailer. That's when the rubber meets the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.