Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done putting my engine back together, and realized the starter is shot :thumbdown: - probably because in my ignorance I used to smack it with a hammer when it would jam up on me..... anyway... I tried buying a used one on ebay (but lost) but found the following:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ONAN ... ccessories

Does anyone know if this would fit the BF??? Ive been trying to research it myself, but cant seem to get it, and i'm anxious!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thats pretty cheap for a new starter it says it will fit in the discription. But like always yoi buy on E-bay and CL ya takes yer chances. Probably made in the the land of squinty eyes and buck teeth.

Mark

·
Site Founder
3,600 Posts
You should be able to tell just from looking at that picture whether or not it fits.

In my personal opinion those starters are complete shit. I've broken the mounting plate right in half on two of them.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
fatboymedic said:
I just got done putting my engine back together, and realized the starter is shot :thumbdown: - probably because in my ignorance I used to smack it with a hammer when it would jam up on me..... anyway... I tried buying a used one on ebay (but lost) but found the following:
I think you'd be better off finding a local starter rebuild shop and have them repair it. It will probably cost less than a new starter and be better quality than an "unknown" brand off ebay.

G

·
:+1: :wave: if you have banged on the starter you may have broken the magnets that line the inside. if that then you have no core.i always have the starter rebuilt befare mounting on tractor. i have several here that have been rebuilt. :thumbup: :fingerscrossed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.