Both rear wheels painted. Just used a brush. Looks good. Two coats, both sides. Have to let it dry and harden for quite awhile before I try and wrestle the 75 lb weights on each wheel. She’s coming along.
Hehe, rear wheels are gunna turn out better than the front ones I did months ago, by priming and painting with a air spray gun. !!!
Well she got outside today for a short time for some fresh air. Still have to put the attachment pins back in the front yet. Having some trouble with roll/split pin size. Holes in pins need a little dressing up too.
So got the muller fixed so hopefully the bonnet will fit when I fix it. Surprising what people will do to make some thing fit. I just don’t like cutting surrounding body metal to make some thing work. That’s just me. Any way, I don’t know the history on this tractor, but someone removed a lot of stuff at the front end at the muffler area and put a different muffler on. BUT cut the bonnet to do so !!!! Hopefully what I doing will fix it up so it looks reasonable normal. Not a bodyman, but will do what I can with the bonnet.
As much as I would love to have a show room quality tractor I really enjoy unique alterations made to equipment. I like how people made things work with what they have.
Anyone can save up and but a perfect tractor, or spend countless hours restoring one. But bringing something back to usefulness using what is available at hand is what makes something yours.
Second piece made. So It fits like the original. The top piece fits over the lower piece. Lower piece has that small bend in it for the top piece to fit on to. It will be tack welded on the back side.
Now if I or my son can weld it all together. That’s the question.
Well bunch more done to the engine bonnet. Turned out reasonable good. Get some paint on it, decals over that, dirt and 10 mph, and you’d never know we fixed it. Son and I fitted the pieces and he did the welding. Nobody’s gunna get rich selling us body fill. Did some sand blasting