Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
What are you waiting for? Get that price down and grab it! You know you want it. :grin:

If you get stuck with an extra deck I might be interested.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Interesting color scheme, it went from desert sunset and power red, to power red and power white with a black frame and dash tower. Like something from all three designs. Not bad looking.

Can't get enough of that Black Deck..........wait...that didn't sound right. :oops: :oops: :sidelaugh:

*edit* I wonder why they didn't paint the mule drive and deck hangar to match? It makes sense that it would hide oil leaks with the black deck though.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill.H said:
What are you waiting for? Get that price down and grab it! You know you want it. :grin:

If you get stuck with an extra deck I might be interested.
too much cash for me right now. Im working a on bigger utitlity blade at the moment. Hopefully I get an email back.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gator_rider2 said:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/2144694658.html

This should get some interest 446 395.00
If ithat was closer to me, I would go look at it in a heartbeat. I just need a tractor for snow clearing so not having a deck means nothing to me.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
CASE 220/4 said:
http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/2147360516.html
I think that the seller has the year correct. It could be a 72 (first year for 446) or it might be an early 73. If the ID plaque is still around, the serial number would settle it.

The hood is wrong as are the decals and every drop of paint that was applied. The weights are also wrong for the year of the tractor. Realistically, the first digit of the asking price needs to be removed in order for it to be in the ballpark of reality. Even then, it would still be on the high side.

Some people would buy this as a "work tractor" and not touch it. There's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes/different folks. However for me, just looking at that thing makes me nauseous. If I bought it, I'd have to cover it with a tarp until I got around to stripping all that ugly paint off.......right to bare metal. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
gator_rider2 said:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/2144694658.html

This should get some interest 446 395.00
The differences between this tractor and the other one are dramatic.

The first one is a 72/3 and this one is probably 85/6.

This one is honest, the other is a deception

The first one is wildly over-priced and this one is priced fairly.

The comment on the "yellow rear" is interesting. It makes me think that a complete trans-axle from a 600 has been slid under that tractor but how did that happen? We'll never know. I can't imagine anyone deliberately painting the tranny yellow but ya never know.

The "original white leather fold down seat" is laughable. No such thing.

No matter.... that's a deal for someone smart enough to rush there with cash in hand and trailer in tow.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tom, im already googling the area to see how far of a drive it is. I have already asked for more pics of it and a little more info. Id hate to take a trip and get surprised when I get there. WE shall see how this turns out though

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Hydriv said:
I think you're jumping to a conclusion here about the seat. It could well be an original white seat used on the black framed models that the seller has failed to describe properly. If it is in good condition that would be a nice bonus in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im in contact with the seller as we speak. He will get me a few more pics in a little while. Its a 5 hour drive for me from Mass. Not bad.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Bart said:
Hydriv said:
I think you're jumping to a conclusion here about the seat. It could well be an original white seat used on the black framed models that the seller has failed to describe properly. If it is in good condition that would be a nice bonus in my opinion.
Bart,
If it does turn out to be an OEM white seat for a black frame, then it would be very much a bonus. But even though the photo is a poor one, the combination of my reading glasses with my magnifying glass tells me that the seat in question is not OEM in any way.

When Brad gets better photos, the controversy will be settled.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Tom,

I have always been impressed with your "special" vision that allows you to discern details in photos that I can't. I guess I should have spent more time honing my skills with centerfolds instead of text books. :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If that motor doesn't smoke, make weird noises and runs on both cylinders, the tractor is a bargain. The seat is nothing of concern any more than the 600 series trans-axle is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts